AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Dialog Manager text or books

Are there any texts or books on creating a dialog manager with Chatscript or other similar languages? I think there is great potential in creating a DM with the features of CS but I need to learn more and see an example.

[ # 1 ]

The Van Woudenberg Hybrig Chatbot and Dialog Manager text is an interesting example but confusing. With my limited knowledge I forsee inplementation of DM in CS by using analyse in the control script to create a fact database of the last input before looking for responses and also creating different groups of factset in the various rules to query and manipulate and generate different responses based on the data.

[ # 2 ]

maybe this is useful overview; http://people.ict.usc.edu/~traum/Talks/cs544dialogue3-8-12.pdf

yes, CS can be a dm

[ # 3 ]

Thanks Bruce. Not very specific but mentions a variety of models. However some members here may find the following article more useful: Chatbot Dialog System : A Hybrid Approach

Btw, if I wanted the sex of a word I know I can use the sexed function. I also know that for words like friend it returns “it” instead of a dual “he/she” value. Other than checking if sexed returned it for a ~noun_human and actually asking for a clarification is there any other way to detect a multisex words?

[ # 4 ]

Thank you for posting that link. I am interested in managing the flow of conversation but haven’t found much of anything. I consider the research field of conversation analysis and speech acts to be particularly shallow and mistaken. Instead, I believe that human psychology and social conventions hold more answers than any superficial observation of speech patterns.

The only chatbot dialog manager I’ve heard of was that of Eugene Goostman, but considering that its replies are mostly non-sequitors, it seems all it does is remember not to repeat things it has already said. But if I recall ChatScript already has something like that built-in.

[ # 5 ]

here’s another interesting paper….
http://www.interactivestory.net/papers/MateasSternAIIDE05.pdf

[ # 6 ]

” Other than checking if sexed returned it for a ~noun_human and actually asking for a clarification is there any other way to detect a multisex words?” You can write your own concept set.  Friend is a ~role and you could check for that

login or register to react
‹‹ Partial POS tagging      Help in POS tagging ››