AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Building ChatScript with Visual Studio 2015

Hi, i want to compile ChatScript on my own, but I only found Visual Studio 2015 for free online.
Opening the soultion file in the VS2010 folder VS suggests to convert the project. But afterwards I get many compilation errors.

The compiler isnĀ“t able to open “conio.h “, “errno.h”, “floah.h” and “math.h”.

Does it have to do something with vs2015?
Can i solve this errors?
If not, can I still download a free version if vs2010 somewhere?

Greets,
Tobi

[ # 1 ]

Apparently, one has to also install Windows SDK and make paths right. I haven’t got it to do that yet, but I haven’t spent a lot of time at it.

[ # 2 ]

Hi Bruce,
thank you for your reply.

Regarding the registry entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\CurrentVersion my installed Windows SDK is 8.1.23107 .
Wich path do I have to edit now and where do I find them?

Much Regards,
Tobi

Edit: I have the following folders in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows folder (I guess the SDk versions I have installed:

- v7.0A
- v7.1A
- v8.0
- v8.1
- v8.1A
- v10.0A

[ # 3 ]

I don’t know. was looking up the failure of conio for vs2015 on web forums, took forever to install vs2015.
Didnt have the time to experiment with things they said about paths after having installed windows SDK.
So right now I can’t spend time seeing if I can figure it out.

There are places on web that claim to have vs express 2010 that you can download, but I don’t trust any place but microsoft.  And while I have a 2gb file I could upload to a transfer site, I’d have to join a site to use it since the free ones dont take that large a file.

[ # 4 ]

Hello everyone, sorry for the late reply, but I just registered! I successfully compiled chatscript with vs2015 and window 8.1 sdk.

That’s what you need to do in order to make it work:

[ol]
[li] retarget the solution for vs2015 (if you converted the project you should be fine) [/li]

[li] add in the include directories (right click on project solution -> properties -> VC++ directories):

$(WindowsSdkDir)include\um;$(WindowsSdkDir)include\shared;$(UniversalCRT_IncludePath

[/li]

[li] when you’ll try to compile it will says that the variable data is ambigous, this happens for two files: englishtagger.cpp and dictionarySystem.cpp. Just compile and change ‘data’ to ‘::data’ in the lines where you get the error [/li]

[li] Compile again and this time everything should work[/li]
[/ol]

I hope to have been useful!

login or register to react
‹‹ Help in POS tagging      FAILRULE on nth ››