AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

:verify shows “bad topic”

When I run “:verify sampletopic” on my bot, I get following error:

Bad sample topic: 1 (~introductions.2.0)  are you a chatbot =>  I don’t know what to say.  (~control)
  want: : u:  ( are you a chatbot ) Yes. Click <a href=“http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/chatbot” target=“__…
  got: .9.0.6.9.0u:  ( ) $$currenttopic = %topic ^^if ( %response 0 ) 00I{ ^nofail ( TOPIC ^rejoinder ( ) ) ...
  via ~control.9.0: u:  ( are you a chatbot ) Yes. Click a href=”>  I don’t know what to say.  (~control)
  want: : u:  ( [ what who ] * you ) ^keep ( ) ^repeat ( ) I am here to help you with your order related…
  got: .9.0.6.9.0u:  ( ) $$currenttopic = %topic ^^if ( %response 0 ) 00I{ ^nofail ( TOPIC ^rejoinder ( ) ) ...
  via ~control.9.0: u:  ( [ what who ] * you ) ^keep ( ) ^repeat ( ) I am here to help you with your order related…

Not sure what does “Bad Topic” error mean. When I run the same command over the bot “Harry”, no such error is shown. How can I remove these errors from my bot?

[ # 1 ]

As soon as I add following topic to the default “Harry” bot:

#! are you a chatbot
u: (are you a chatbot) ^keep() ^repeat()  Yes. Click here   to know more about me.

When I run “:verify sampletopic”, following error is prompted:

VERIFYING ~introductions ......
Bad sample topic: 1 (~introductions.4.0)  are you a chatbot =>  You think I should know?  (~honest_response)
  want: : u:  ( are you a chatbot ) ^keep ( ) ^repeat ( ) Yes. Click <a href=“http://es.wikipedia.org/wi…
  got: .30.0.22.12.0?:  ( $$intent==you_question ) [ I don’t know. ] [ I don’t remember. ] [ I forget. ] [ You t…
  via ~quibble_all.12.0: u:  ( are you a chatbot ) ^keep ( ) ^repeat ( ) Yes. Click a href=”

[ # 2 ]

Even small change from topic

##ORIGINAL########
#! what is your name
u: (what is your name)
My name is Harry.

to
##CHANGED########
#! what are you
u: ( what are you ) My name is Harry.

results (on running “:verify sampletopic”) in this error -

Bad sample topic: 1 (~introductions.3.0)  what are you =>  Probably nothing.  (~quibble_what)
  want: : u:  ( what are you ) My name is Harry.
  got: .98.0.22.2.0?:  ( what * be < * ‘you ) [ Probably nothing. ] [ b: I haven’t figured that out yet. ]
  via ~quibble_all.2.0: u:  ( what are you ) My name is Harry.

Not able to comprehend.

[ # 3 ]

The :verify is saying that if you are not ALREADY in the topic ~introductions, then the input you give will get answered by some other topic (quibble) and not by this topic.

The reason this would be true is that there are no keywords in the ~introduction topic that could allow it to be found if you are not already in this topic.

Normally, a question like “what are you” is something I would put in the ~keywordless topic, because there is no natural keyword in the question and you could be asked that question at any time from any topic.

If, however, you actually want this rule in ~introductions, you can tell CS NOT to do the sample input test on it via
#!!S What are you

login or register to react