AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Setup on AWS cannot chat via php but PuTTY works fine

Hi

I am just starting out with CS. I have installed CS on an AWS Centos machine. I can chat to Harry through PuTTY but cannot get the SIMPLE or BETTER php interfaces to work. Using the BETTER scripts I can see a Server error message in the Chrome. Using the SIMPLE interface there are no visible errors at all.

I’d would really appreciate any tips on the next steps I can take to diagnose the problem.

I have an Inbound rule on port 1024
I have tried both localhost and the IP address
LinuxChatScript64 is executable
I have tried both php scripts when I am chatting in PuTTY to ensure the server is running

I have moved all of the CS folders and files into var/www/html

Cheers

[ # 1 ]

So what was the server error message in Chrome?

What is the url for your webpage to talk to Harry?

[ # 2 ]

thanks Bruce

screenshot of server error attached: Status=error, message = , Response =

http://52.73.225.150/index.php - currently using SIMPLE index

Image Attachments
error.png

[ # 3 ]

email me your index.php file so I can inspect it.

[ # 4 ]

Done. Can’t see how to attach so it is all php sorry.

I’m off to work now so I will not be able to do anything for 10 hours.

Thanks again Bruce

[ # 5 ]

not seeing it. try again to email it to me using my gmail address at top of all documentation

[ # 6 ]

When I’ve used the web interface locally then I had trouble with CS using the user’s IP address as the “username”.
I changed the PHP script to use $user and not $userip - this was only for a demo so no real issue over name conflicts.

I suspect that the trouble was because of the dots within the name and that in server mode the first 4 characters of the username are split into a user directory hierarchy, and that one of those directory names would be “.” which is illegal.

[ # 7 ]

Unfounded. CS is expecting IP addresses (rose uses them on the website).  It converts “illegal” characters into underscores.

[ # 8 ]

I think I now understand what I was seeing, which was when the username was an IP address then no log files and directories where being created. I am defining USERPATHPREFIX so was expecting the user logs to be split across 4 levels of folders.

I was running in a server environment where the current working directory was not the same as the CS writePath. The standard file handling functions include a reference to this writePath, but the base individual topic and user log file names are created via a call to GetUserPath() which includes a call to MakePath. But this latter call creates folders under the users folder in the current working directory.

So the logs files where being created, just now in the place I was looking for them, and I was faked out when switching to a named user because the relevant user directories already existed from standalone testing.

login or register to react