AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Segmentation Fault: 11

I’m working on a bot using ChatScript and I’m slowly but surely beginning to add content and build a personality. Everything was going OK until I got a Segmentation Fault: 11 error when trying to start a build of the bot. There was a syntax error i found and corrected, but now I can’t get the chatscript engine to start again. I keep getting the Segmentation Fault error. I looked through the debug docs but there’s nothing in there about this error.

Please help! This has essentially stopped me dead and I have no way to continue.

Thanks!

[ # 1 ]

Your compile error left TOPICS in an inconsistent state. Erase contents of folder and rebuild
:build 0
:build yourbot

[ # 2 ]
Bruce Wilcox - Apr 11, 2016:

Your compile error left TOPICS in an inconsistent state. Erase contents of folder and rebuild
:build 0
:build yourbot

Bruce,
I’ve removed the contents of my bot’s folder and am attempting to launch chatscript to rebuild using ./chatscript local (from the BINARIES folder) but i’m still getting the Segmentation Fault: 11 error.

Thanks,

Jon

[ # 3 ]

Then maybe you need to email me your topic files and filesxxx file and I can diagnose what is happening for you

[ # 4 ]

Replaced the entire install directory and now its working.

[ # 5 ]

I have the same issue on ubuntu after upgrading too whatever new version of chatscript files there are. I solve it by doing chmod 777 on the LinuxChatScript64 files.

Currently I am fighting a Segmentation fault issue when running LinuxChatScript64 using automated processes, like by Crontab. LinuxChatScript64 in the Cron server fails.

Running ./LinuxChatScript64 & runs just fine and continues until I reboot, then I have too login and run the command again.

Maybe I’m doing a duuuuuh. Any help would be appreciated…....

[ # 6 ]

So I have no problems using crontab running chatscript.
0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * cd /home/ec2-user/BINARIES && ./LinuxChatScript64 >> cronserver.log 2>&1

login or register to react