AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Question about learn.aiml

This question is more or less directed at Steve, but anyone who cares to chime in with an answer is welcome to do so. smile

I’m working on fixing support for the <learn> and <eval> tags in Program O, and I’m using learn.aiml, which I’ve downloaded recently from mitsuku.com for testing. I noticed that trying to teach a chatbot about things using “learn {something} is {something}” (e.g. “Learn fire is hot”) takes a considerable amount of time (~12-19 seconds). this is a bit long, so I’ve been looking into the code to see what actually takes place, and I noticed that this code pops up a lot:

<srai>XLEARNFACT</srai

.. which is all well and good, but looking at that particular category, I found this:

<category>
  <
pattern>XLEARNFACT</pattern>
  <
template></template> <!-- please note the empty template -->
</
category

which is a bit confusing. I noticed the block comment above that category, which I have to assume is Mitsuku-specific code to deal with her Flash interface, which wouldn’t do me any good, so I’m wondering if this category was left blank for a reason, and whether I should either:

a.) insert my own AIML code into the template, to produce some sort of response, or:

b.) simply delete all <srai> calls to that category.

Either solution is just fine by me, but I wanted your input before I pursued this further, in case you may have a 3rd option.

[ # 1 ]

You can delete all calls to that category (and the category itself). In the flash version of Mitsuku, whenever she learns something, she uses that category to email me what she has been taught. I can then decide whether to include it in her permanent knowledge base.

I made it blank on the version at http://www.mitsuku.com as I didn’t want to be emailed every time someone used the category.

[ # 2 ]

That’s completely understandable. smile I’ll remove the references and category. thanks, Steve.

login or register to react