AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

AIML

Hi all,

I am new to AIML. I am using Program O for building a chatbot. I want to make use of AIML 2.0. Does program O support AIML 2.0. If not, when will it support? Most of the features which I need are there in AIML 2.0

[ # 1 ]

Hello, Amita, and welcome to chatbots.org! smile

Right now, Program O does not support the AIML 2.0 specification. It’s in the works (and has been for far too long), but it’s not ready to go yet. I can’t give you a reliable release date yet either, I’m afraid, because in addition to adding AIML 2.0 support, a host of other changes and improvements are being implemented as well. Basically, the next version of Program O will be a ground-up redesign. I’ve finally been able to pull the project “out of the closet” recently, and make some progress with it, but it’s still a very long way off.

[ # 2 ]

Thanks Dave !

Good to hear that the project is “out of the closet” now smile Appreciate your efforts.

I plan to use Program AB for now. I am not comfortable with Java but this is only way i think.
So will rely on Program AB till you release Program O support for AIML 2.0
Any suggestions on my approach ?

[ # 3 ]

One of the things that I’ve been doing is looking at the way that Program AB handles the AIML, both with respect to parsing the tags, and how it stores them for searching. I plan on taking advantage of at least the means of storage for Program O version 3. I’m also not comfortable with Java, so I can understand your perspective. I don’t have any suggestions at this point, since Program AB is fairly complete, and you shouldn’t have to delve into the code much.

[ # 4 ]

Okay thanks Dave smile

login or register to react
‹‹ Equivalent Terms      How to use program AB ››