AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Server Mode - No Such Bot error

1.  I am using the latest version of ChatScrip
2.  2 bots harry and george present
3.  Start in local mode, compile harry
4.  Stop and restart in server mode, connect and execute queries for bot harry.  Works.  Try to connect to bot george gives “no such bot” error.
5.  Start in local mode again and compile george now.
6.  Stop and restart in server mode.  Bot george works now, but bot harry fails with “no such bot” error.

The requirement I have is to run 1 server and have multiple bots.  Then before the start of the conversation, the bot name is passed as the second parameter to the server as described in the Client-Server manual.  However only the LAST COMPILED bot seems to work.

Can someone help get my configuration right so that I can have multiple bots running simultaneously on the same server?

Thanks

[ # 1 ]

Sorry, figured out that the filesxxx.txt should have both bots and not one.  Solved the issue. More careful reading of the Advanced Bots manual provided that gem smile

I now have a follow up question: Although I have a bot:harry and bot:george entries in the simple topic.top files of both bots, the bots are actually answering queries form topics across.  By default I thought this was disabled but doesn’t look to be so. Any other way I can restrict the topics for the bots?

[ # 2 ]

by default all bots have access to all topics.

there is a per topic bot=  configuration and correspondingly you can do that per file

login or register to react