AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

PyAiml Chatbot web interface

Hi, I am developing a web based chatbot using Python module PyAiml. I don’t know how to connect it to web interface. Please guide me in this regard. thanks

[ # 1 ]

Hi Qaisar,

If your project has to be connected to the web, there are several appropriate options that may require less work. To simply get an AIML set loaded and hosted, there are user friendly options like botlibre pandorabots where you can get a web connected bot online in 10 minutes.

If you want more flexibility and control and are prepared to administer your own server you can host your own interpreter. I would highly recommend Program-O. It has a nice GUI web interface that is fully featured and uses a setup script that a child could use. Program-O is written in PHP and uses MySQL.

If there is a good reason to stick with PyAiml, and you might want to consider that carefully, and you need to roll your Python based server then consider using Flask.

Good luck, let us know how you get on/got on - sorry for the late response.

[ # 2 ]

Thanks for your helpful reply Michael!

Actually I started working on the CGI script (a web framework of Python) to connect the bot with web. The web interface has reference to the CGI script on the server, Upon the execution of the script it searches the knowledge base and returns the answer to the user.

I am currently working on that. Hope to be successful on it ! smile

[ # 3 ]

Sounds awesome, can’t wait to see where it goes, I love Python!

[ # 4 ]

How did this go with you? I’m facing the same problem and don’t know what to do!

[ # 5 ]
Mohamed K. Elgazzar - Feb 11, 2017:

How did this go with you? I’m facing the same problem and don’t know what to do!

possibly look into this project: https://github.com/ibrahim4529/flask-chatbot  I have nothing to do with the project. I found it searching pyaiml and flask.

login or register to react