AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

CHATBOT MEETUP CHATBOT MEETUP CHATBOT MEETUP CHATBOT CHATBOT MEETUP CHATBOT MEETUP CHATBOT MEETUP CHATBOT MEETUP

On Wed 31th, 2017 we're organizing a Chatbot Meetup in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Feel free to join!'

Text to speech

Is anyone using TTS functionality with CS? We have implemented the speech to text and text to speech options in the php versions of our bots. Speech to text works really well. TTS on the other hand is buggy. The first time our bots speak, they speak in one gender, then for the next answer they switch grin.

Basically they seem to be using the Female UK voice for the first answer then switch to the Male UK voice for the second, and vice versa.

Anyone using TTS routinely? We would like to use some voices other than the UK versions as well.

Thanks,

Doug Danforth

[ # 1 ]

I’m guessing from the context you are using built in windows voices?  I think you might get better results with something cloud like Amazon’s Polly or one of the open source frameworks like festival, open mary or a hybrid like iSpeech.

[ # 2 ]

A company that I’ve used is https://www.cereproc.com/.

Worth looking at.

Reasonably priced, good range of voices and the SSML is a nice touch.

[ # 3 ]

Thanks for the responses. I am trying to use the php files that are included with ChatScript. They access some Google voices but the choices seem pretty limited. I am open to other TTS options and will investigate the suggestions above.

Anyone using IBM Watson TTS? I have a Bluemix account and we are trying to get it working with ChatScript and our Virtual Patients in Unity3D.

login or register to react