AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

develop manipulative impostor bots.

http://www.makery.info/en/2017/06/20/les-chatbots-japonais-jouent-aux-loups-garous/

This confrontational role-playing game presents several challenges to artificial intelligence. First, the bots must communicate in natural, even persuasive, language that goes well beyond the Turing test. Second, Werewolf is an incomplete information game, like poker, where players must make decisions based on only partially revealed information. Furthermore, the players’ knowledge is “asymmetrical” in the sense that the werewolves know more than the villagers, who can only guess who are the werewolves among them. As such, the AI research involved ranges from machine learning to logic programming, language processing and cognitive science.

[ # 1 ]

I know the game, but I don’t really see how the discussions have much influence as long as the players can keep a straight face while denying to be werewolves. Computationally I think this should be easier than chess because half of the gameplay is guesswork. Interesting that this has been going on since 2013.

[ # 2 ]
Don Patrick - Jul 2, 2017:

I don’t really see how the discussions have much influence as long as the players can keep a straight face while denying to be werewolves.

Not so easy... It is a real strategy game. It is a good challenge for chatbots. However, you are dependant of the others bots: If you have a good strategy and the others bots don’t understand your arguments, you will lose despite everything.

login or register to react