AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Really need help to compile ChatScript!!

I want to use CS externally in my program. I tried to uncomment

// #define NOMAIN 1 
within
common.

file as the tutorial says here:

Embedding Step #1 First, you will need to modify `common.h and compile the system. You need to add all the CS .cpp files to your build list.
Find the // #define NOMAIN 1 and uncomment it. This will allow you to compile your program as the main program and ChatScript merely as a collection of routines to accompany it.

But I can’t understand what does it mean by

add all the CS .cpp files to your build list

May someone explains this for me?

After uncommenting // #define NOMAIN 1 I tried to run

make server 

command to compile, But I got this error message:

/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/crt1.oIn function `_start':
(.text+0x20): undefined reference to 
`main'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:107: recipe for target '
binary' failed
make: *** [binary] Error 1 

You can see the full result here: https://github.com/bwilcox-1234/ChatScript/issues/171

[ # 1 ]

‘Use externally in my program’.  I’m unclear what you are trying to do.  Do you have a program that you want to call chatscript as a library in?  To be clear, this is on linux?

[ # 2 ]
Todd Kuebler - Oct 16, 2017:

‘Use externally in my program’.  I’m unclear what you are trying to do.  Do you have a program that you want to call chatscript as a library in?  To be clear, this is on linux?

Yes! I have a program(as you can see in sample code i put) and want to use ChatScript in my program as an external library. Also I use Linux/Ubuntu 16.04

login or register to react