AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

CS8.0 with Windows GUI debugger

Sourceforge and Git have the latest version (though git does not yet label it as a new version).
The GUI debugger for windows should be very useful for debugging your programs.

[ # 1 ]

Hey Bruce,
The GUI debugger sounds great!!!
Not sure if that is intended, but the Git version doesn’t have the compiled version of ChatScriptIDE.exe in BINARIES folder.
There was not issue compiling it from the source.
Sourceforge has the compiled file.

Thanks again!

[ # 2 ]

Sorry for multiple responses, the debugger behaves very strange on my system, and I can’t find a way to use it.
Here are some details:
Windows 10 64bit system
I tried to use both the included exe and compile it myself, in all cases the same behavior:
1. The window launches as minimized and hidden.
2. If maximize it by shift+right click - it takes the whole screen but shows only the left part (comparing to the screenshot in git) 
3. When try to change the size of the window, it takes multiple screens only to show both sides of the screen (but not the bottom part)
4. Almost all GUI is stuck, only font change works.
5. Later the app crashes.

I tried to run it with various compatibility modes, but nothing helped. Can’t type on any area of the screen (to enter user name for example).

Hope my feedback will help to resolve the issues.

Image Attachments
ScreenClip.pngScreenClip_[2].png

[ # 3 ]

I haven’t been able to get it to work yet either. I downloaded from sourceforge and installed it but when I double click on ChatScriptIDE.exe in the binaries folder, I get the following error:

“The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.”

I tried running it as Administrator but that didn’t help. I am on Windows 7. I will try my Windows 10 system in a bit.

Doug

login or register to react