AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Making Money with Chatscript

Since CS is a FOSS project, am I legally allowed to sell the bots I make with CS? Specifically, selling the topic and control scripts to a company that wants to host the server on their machine and use a JS clientside script to communicate with the server on a webpage I make for them.

[ # 1 ]

According to the license, yes. There is also nothing stopping the company you’re selling to from downloading the scripts themselves for free.
https://github.com/ChatScript/ChatScript/blob/master/license.txt

“Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.”

[ # 2 ]

see thats why i dont understand why CS not more visible online….....ML is a horrible way to train an intelligent bot…...it basically understand pos like noun(entity) and verb(intent) but not really meaning…..you can make dumb bots…..even bots that just give buttons to click on…...but if you dont mind coding and enjoy thinking of interesting patterns, CS is the best one out there! But the group is really small for CS forum here…...i love the challenge of CS! only competitor CS is Watson Assistant and even that falls flat…..

login or register to react