AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Regression passed when it should fail

We are on CS version 10.7 and the regression tests do not seem to be working as they are returning the Regression passed message when we are getting a completely different output to what was in the regress file.

Is there an issue with the regression testing functionality?

[ # 1 ]

ChatScript NOOB here, but interested to learn to use the regression test features.  I saw references in the manual, but have not wandered there yet.

I’m running version 11.1 and could try a verify or source on your topic if you wish.

[ # 2 ]

Hi Alan, sorry, I’ve only just seen this reply. It’s part of quite a complex system using lots of variables and JSON wrapping and post-processing so not a stand alone topic file that I can share.

What would be useful is to really understand how the CS built in regression works and what exactly it is testing. I have found that I can create a regress file then run it immediately and it fails (when obviously it should pass as there have been no changes). When I look at the regress file each interaction has a verify and verify2 entry but I don’t understand how that is being used.

[ # 3 ]

Hi Alan, sorry, I’ve only just seen your reply. It’s part of quite a complex system using lots of variables and JSON wrapping and post-processing so not a stand alone topic file that I can share.

What would be useful is to really understand how the CS built in regression works and what exactly it is testing. I have found that I can create a regress file then run it immediately and it fails (when obviously it should pass as there have been no changes). When I look at the regress file each interaction has a verify and verify2 entry but I don’t understand how that is being used.

login or register to react