AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Your stage of development of your AI Bot

Poll
I am:
using an AIML clone 2
only in initial stages of developing a new theory of ai/cahtbot 2
i have a new or partially new theory & have just started a proof of concept 0
i have been working on my proof of concept for 6 months 0
..... over a year 1
over a year and ready to submit to loebner prize in next year or two 3
my project is so large, i will have a chatbot not for another 10 years 2
Total Votes: 10
You must be a logged-in member to vote

[ # 16 ]

It’s not using AIML, is it, so no, I guess.
That brings up a good point, were the restrictions ‘no Alice clones’ or ‘no AIML bots’?

[ # 17 ]

I would say that, unless it USES the XML of Alce,  (well, AIML), and its corpus, but you just ADD to its knowledge, then for sure it *IS*.

but what Dave is doing, just using some portions, and adding his own logic, own capabilities , then for sure no.. so Morti is no clone!

[ # 18 ]
8PLA • NET - Mar 10, 2011:

This is a good candidate for a new topic, but it seems related to this discussion.

Is an alicebot clone, (like the one in my last post) which is 98% of the original,
but uses 0% of the XML schema called AIML, still considered an AIML bot?

Good question. Is what makes a bot in the architecture or in the behavior?

Assuming the bot learns the same way Alice does and always reacts the same way, then I’d call it a clone. But then, this implies that a bot that behaves just like a human would be a human “clone”, even if it’s architecture is quite different. Interesting implications to ponder. smile

[ # 19 ]

That is the question that gave headaches to the Chatterbox challenge organizers.

If a grain of sand is not a sand pile, and I add another grain it is still not a sand pile. If I repeat the process again and again, when does it become a sandpile?

< 1 2
2 of 2

login or register to react