AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Is There An Entrants Page

Is there a page associated with the Loebner Prize Competition showing which bots (or developers) have entered this year?

[ # 1 ]

I think you just made one, Dave. smile

Anyone who has entered their chatbot for the 2011 Loebner Prize Competition, please enter your bot’s details as a reply to this thread. Let’s see who’s entered, shall we?

[ # 2 ]

Mitsuku! http://www.mitsuku.com grin
I thought I’d try to go one up on the silver medal she won earlier in the year at the CBC.

I believe the results of the initial testing will also show a list of entrants. This should be available around July 4th. I also know of 3 others that have definitely entered but will let them post their details should they so wish.

[ # 3 ]

I entered again, but have little hope of qualifying. There is some weird bug in my implementation of the LPP which has caused it to crash on Loebner’s computers the past couple years, but not on mine.

Some guy on another site claims he has a one-line fix for the bug, but he won’t tell me because he finds me irritating :(

So once again, I see social factors that are incomprehensible to me (why does he find me irritating?) having a large effect on the social success of my AI efforts. Oh well, I can but try to make my bot figure out its own bugs, and fix itself!

Anyway I had fun working through last years selection questions, because they got me to think about issues I’d been avoiding (such as more than one sentence in an input).

Here’s proof that my program was able to get through all of last year’s selection questions on my computer without crashing:

subbot.org/lpc2011/lpc2011.png
subbot.org/lpc2011/lpc2011b.png
subbot.org/lpc2011/lpc2011c.png
subbot.org/lpc2011/lpc2011d.png

[ # 4 ]

I entered Rosette- in chatscript.
Last year they didnt list who entered. Only who qualified.

[ # 5 ]
Bruce Wilcox - Jun 11, 2011:

Last year they didnt list who entered. Only who qualified.

Are you sure Bruce? I was informed that they received 10 entrants of which 7 worked and they came in the following order:

1. Suzette
2. ALICE
3. Cleverbot
4. UltraHAL

5. Khloe
6. Mitsuku
7. Daniel

The ones in bold qualified for the final.

Just to mention, that Mitsuku performed poorly due to half of her knowledge unfortunately being not included on the Loebner CD. I am hoping she performs better this year.

8pla - Didn’t you enter one too?
Dave Morton - Did you enter Morti?

[ # 6 ]

my mistake. you must be correct

[ # 7 ]

@Steve:

Morti isn’t slated to enter until next year. From the very beginning, my plan was to enter the CBC this year, and the LC next year, and I’m going to stick to that plan, especially in light of the level of performance he exhibited in the CBC this year. Not to worry, though. Morti’s going to be training hard, and we both intend to put in a respectable performance next year.

[ # 8 ]
Steve Worswick - Jun 11, 2011:

8pla - Didn’t you enter one too?

Posted the proof of mailing and customs forms to the UK:
http://8pla.net/support/postage.php

[ # 9 ]

So that’s at least 7 entrants. Good luck to all.

[ # 10 ]

I’m pretty sure David Levy is entering again, and I suspect that Patty will be entering BilgeSmythe, too. Beyond that, I have no idea. And, of course, my above “predictions” are simple speculation, and nothing more. smile

[ # 11 ]

I’m still very much cocooning, so you wont find my name associated to anything in the competition.
Best of luck to all entrants though!

[ # 12 ]

Team Pandorabots submitted four bots this year:

ALICE - Richard Wallace
Zoe - Adeena Mignogna
Mitsuku - Steve Worswick
Tutor - Ron C. Lee

All are different bot personalities and have different botmasters.  All are AIML bots running in the contest edition of the Pandorabots platform.

[ # 13 ]

And those were the other 3 I knew about.

[ # 14 ]
Jan Bogaerts - Jun 12, 2011:

I’m still very much cocooning, so you wont find my name associated to anything in the competition.
Best of luck to all entrants though!

Jan, I personally enjoyed the performance of the chatbots that malfunctioned during the Chatterbox Challenge Contest. It is quite entertaining because, any chatbot runs the risk of malfunctioning during a contest.  That’s what makes contests so much fun.  The fact is, chatbots that don’t make the cut, can ALSO become famous too!

Really… No kidding…

Watch my 3D animated chatbot CNN/YouTube contest entry on CNN on The Situation Room:

My contest entry # 216 appeared on CNN TV starring news icon Jeanne Moos
in a cameo appearance in my 3D speech animated chatbot video:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/living/2007/07/04/moos.questionable.debate.questions.youtube

login or register to react