AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

How to create non-English Chatbot

I’m new in Chatbot programming.
I seem that most Chatbot is in English. So, if I want to create non-English Chatbot, how should I come up with ideas to do this one?

Anyone have ever created non-English Chatbot can lead me to do this?

Thanks & best regards!

[ # 1 ]

An easy option is to set up a free account at http://www.pandorabots.com and you can use AIML files from a few different languages. I see you are from Vietnam. Unfortunately, I know of no Vietnamese AIML sets but you could always translate the English ones if you have a couple of months to spare. I’m sure the guys at Pandorabots would appreciate the effort.

If you are feeling adventurous, you could set up a chatbot which would automatically translate from English to Vietnamese using something like google translate? As I don’t know the language, I will give an example in French:

Human: Bonjour, ca va?
(google translate: hello how are you - Bot receives “hello how are you”)
Bot: Very well thank you
(google translate: tres bien, merci - Human receives “tres bien, merci”)
Human: Glad to hear it
and so on

[ # 2 ]

Great!
Thank Steve.
I’m from Vietnam to be exact.So, I will translate the English AIML to Vietnamese AIML.

Once again, thank you reply.smile

[ # 3 ]

The very best of luck to you. You have just given yourself 2-3 months work. The ALICE AIML set has around 50,000 phrases and responses to translate.

[ # 4 ]

Hi Steve,
So, you mean that I should translate these phrases and responses of AIML to Vietnamese?
I just create a simple Chatbot before want to more complex Chatbot in Vietnamese.
So, which the fundamental files AIML I should translate for creating simple Chatbot?

[ # 5 ]

Yes, if you want the bot to speak Vietnamese, you have to translate the English categories into Vietnamese.

If you choose to go down the AIML route, I would recommend the AIML set on this thread: http://www.chatbots.org/ai_zone/viewthread/534/
However, I can’t stress enough what a time consuming task this will be.

How simple do you want this chatbot to be? Do you just want a few pre scripted questions and answers or a bot you can talk to about anything?

[ # 6 ]

Yeah, I might create a bot which can talk about such things as: math, marketing…
After doing this well, I want to create powerful bot which can talk about anything :D

login or register to react
‹‹ database limitations      Cleverbot ››