AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

The World of AI is Not Enough

[ # 61 ]
Gary Dubuque - Aug 14, 2011:

Principles of Natural Intelligence (if you would have looked into it online - and these are probably obsolete):

[...]

There are you happy now?  Again I am just repeating other sources as I did with that list of definitions.  I don’t necessarily believe these are the “features” of strong AI.

Wait, why are you listing these supposed “principles of natural intelligence” if you don’t think they’re relevant. I agree that they are probably obsolete—I especially do not think it is wise to construct a linear mental hierarchy between different vertebrates. (Actually the NY Times has an article up now about the surprising level of intelligence exhibited by anoles. Cool stuff. smile )

At any rate, I’m not interested in hearing you repeat from sources you don’t even agree with. If you were trying to make some sort of point with this, just say it straight out.

As for your last post, I think I’ll just quote Dave:

Dave Morton - Aug 14, 2011:

Gary, I love you dearly, and have a great deal of respect for not only your contributions to this community, but also for your obvious passion for the subject of AI, but that made absolutely no sense to me at all.

[ # 62 ]

{sigh!} Oh dear. I love my job here, but not parts of it. So sad. I’ve closed this thread for a short time, in the hopes that this will prevent further escalation of ire. I may open it back up tomorrow, depending on certain factors. Or I may not. We’ll see.

This topic is closed, it's not possible to reply

‹ First  < 3 4 5
5 of 5

login or register to react