AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Intelligence is not based on Behavior

[ # 31 ]
Gary Dubuque - Jul 28, 2011:

Merlin, memory is a form of pattern matching.  It is taking a feature or key and adding more data, filling in the blanks, retrieving the whole record from an index.  Memory is all predicting in the true sense of the idea.  It is how we use symbols to represent experience (which is totally different in each empirical instance, but somehow reduced to be the “same” experience for the same symbols.)  So if intelligence is based on memory, intelligence then is based upon pattern matching and predicting what additional data can be applied.

I agree. One of the areas I have been looking at is how to map input to symbols. The current version of Skynet-AI has a basic mapping system (new neurons are written for specific learning). I am hoping to extend and enhance it in the next version.

[ # 32 ]

Dear Gary, I want to talk to you. But only after you come off your horse.

Merlin,
I love the links. Keep them coming.
Most of what you said in you last statement is taht you don’t think its worth your time to do it that way because it will take too long. I understand. Most people come to that conclusion. I just think that if we don’t start now then how much longer will it take? Ever day would be 2 days we will never got back according to moores law. I know its hard. If it was easy I would have done it myself and never bothered to come onto these forums. Its cool. You guys like your chatty little dictionarys. I do too. Just hoping that one day…..but i guess you guys don’t want to be apart of that… I will bow out.

WaKKO R. SicK 151

[ # 33 ]

Too late.  I drank from that ALife koolaide nearly forty years ago (and I’ve been there, done that, still understand.)  There might have been some good stuff in this next post (on territory and intelligence), but it is gone now and the horse he rode on.  “I swear. Its like hearing people think the world is flat.”

[ # 34 ]

The only question that I have is this.

Was that “Yet Another Nut Case” just passing through, or one of our old favorites experimenting with a new persona?

[ # 35 ]

I was wondering the same Andrew, especially as he didn’t post on the thread.

[ # 36 ]

Steve, I don’t think you and Andrew are referring to the same individual, seeing as the person that I think he’s referring to has made several posts here already. Then again, I could be wrong, but… smile

[ # 37 ]

I don’t believe either myself or Andrew were talking about Artur if that’s who you mean.

[ # 38 ]

You don’t honestly expect me to answer the implied question there, do you? smile raspberry

[ # 39 ]

Hehe!

[ # 40 ]

I accuse Doctor Mitsuku, in the library, with the lead pipe.

[ # 41 ]

Right title, wrong person.

It was The Doctor, with the Electronic Screwdriver, in the T.A.R.D.I.S.!

[ # 42 ]

New player, unfortunately the Artificially Intelligent Virus (AIV) psychologist could use some work on his bedside manner.

Wakko:“Most of what you said in you last statement is taht you don’t think its worth your time to do it that way because it will take too long. I understand. Most people come to that conclusion. “

Although popular opinion does not make it correct, it does lead one to believe it is correct when you have reached the same conclusion on your own.

I do not believe that a 5 year old “toy” program (from a field that has been around since the 50’s) could spontaneously combust into an intelligence that has the ability to communicate (at least in my lifetime running on my computer).

Of course there are biological/genetic/technological approaches that are interesting:
Artificial Intelligence Created Using Human DNA - http://gizmodo.com/5825564/artificial-intelligence-created-using-human-dna

[ # 43 ]

Because spelling is what you base intelligence on. Or maybe its who is most popular must be the smartest. I stopped talking here because you guys just want to chat. I am stupid for not predicting this outcome. This IS a site where people talk to there imaginary friends and pretend there real. I just thought the moment someone came here and mentioned there might be a simple solution to a old problem they might like to know. Maybe get some support for a project a couple of friends of mine are working on.

I can see that I failed to accomplish any of this. Not a problem. I am smart enough to learn from my mistakes. You guys have a good one.

[ # 44 ]

@Wakko [sic] So stop talking here already, you’re holding up the queue.

There is another twit like you blathering the exact same poorly conceived rubbish, breezing through here every week. You’ve had your turn, and now it’s time for the next one. Not that we’re expecting anything different. The only thing that changes is the name and the avatar.

[ # 45 ]

I love the greeting i get. I love the responces I get. I love the name calling. i love the trash talk. I get it. This is your forum. And there is no room for me.

But don’t sit around and wonder why no one is active a year from now when they realize there are other forums out there that lack your nurturing nature.

And just because you didin’t like me doesn’t mean you can’t download creatures 3 and docking station… and teach your Norns how to speak, english, spanish, or whatever else you would like to caht too. Plus you can change there skins to look just like…i don’t know.. i guess sheep. Is that what you guys like?

Andrew Smith - Jul 30, 2011:

@Wakko [sic] So stop talking here already, you’re holding up the queue.

There is another twit like you blathering the exact same poorly conceived rubbish, breezing through here every week. You’ve had your turn, and now it’s time for the next one. Not that we’re expecting anything different. The only thing that changes is the name and the avatar.

< 1 2 3 4 > 
3 of 4

login or register to react