AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Just a quick Hello and to Introduce Myself

[ # 31 ]

Laura,

The answer to your initiation test is now online as an Answer button
which calls the answer function in a separate JavaScript include file

Reference:
http://iSyFy.com/Laura.html

You can test both buttons with the input: hello there

How do we get rid of: undefined on the first button, so it works like the second button?

... Viewing source of the JavaScript include file: answer.js is cheating.

Good Luck!

[ # 32 ]

Hi Laura, welcome to the site.
You mention that you are under contract. Are you developing your bot for a 3rd party? and if so, are you permitted to disclose who or the general sector?

[ # 33 ]

Not so much under contract but more of a collaborative effort. I am finishing up on a project that was started a few years ago but never completed. I was asked not to blab to much about it until it’s completed. As part of this deal I will be using the resulting code in another project I have in mind for myself.

[ # 34 ]
8PLA • NET - Nov 1, 2011:

Laura,

The answer to your initiation test is now online as an Answer button
which calls the answer function in a separate JavaScript include file

Reference:
http://iSyFy.com/Laura.html

You can test both buttons with the input: hello there

How do we get rid of: undefined on the first button, so it works like the second button?

... Viewing source of the JavaScript include file: answer.js is cheating.

Good Luck!

I really like your spunk! wink

So an undelcared variable missing from an array will always return “undefined” unless a typeOf statement is used to check if the variable first exist, else a defualt value can be assigned. True?

For what I thought would be a quick introduction has turned into quite a thread.
I always seem to make a big splash wherever I go! smile

[ # 35 ]
Laura Patterson - Nov 1, 2011:

I really like your spunk! wink
For what I thought would be a quick introduction has turned into quite a thread.
I always seem to make a big splash wherever I go! smile

There, you see Tom—when you behave like a grown-up, people do like you. smile

Your Mum would be so proud!

Laura, I noticed that you have a presence on Google+  There are a few chatbots members who also maintain a presence there, some more actively than others, and we even had one of those video conference hangouts one time, which was a very worthwhile experience.

Others who I have “circled” from chatbots (in no particular order) are:

Dave Morton
Erwin van Lun
Gary Dubuque
Steve Worswick
Roger Davie
Marcus Endicott
Bruce Wilcox
Robby Garner
Hugh Loebner
Rollo Carpenter

Are there any other G+ members who would like to make themselves known as well?

Another video conference in the near future would be a lot of fun. Just thinking out loud here, but it might even be possible to arrange a guest speaker…

Cheers,
Andrew Smith

[ # 36 ]

Congratulations Laura!

Tomorrow is my second anniversary at Chatbots.org.

All are invited to drop by my thread: Just For Fun.

[ # 37 ]
Andrew Smith - Nov 2, 2011:
Laura Patterson - Nov 1, 2011:

Laura, I noticed that you have a presence on Google+  There are a few chatbots members who also maintain a presence there, some more actively than others, and we even had one of those video conference hangouts one time, which was a very worthwhile experience.

Yes, I am a fan of Google + as I have not been all that enthusiastic about FaceBook. I have created a circle of Guitar playing friends, I will now build my circle of chatbot friends as well smile

8PLA • NET - Nov 2, 2011:

Congratulations Laura!

Tomorrow is my second anniversary at Chatbots.org.

All are invited to drop by my thread: Just For Fun.

Thank you so much, I feel honored and humbled. I will stop by the your party and perhaps have a drink to cheer your anniversary. wink

[ # 38 ]

Andrew,

Did you miss this Footnote in my original post?  It says, “entertaining Laura” with “friendly humor, not to be taken seriously”, because that is all that was ever meant.

8PLA • NET - Oct 31, 2011:

Footnote (especially @Dave):  This creative response is intended to create drama, solely for the purpose of entertaining Laura.  All non-disclosure agreements are fully respected, and the
intention of the response is friendly humor, not to be taken seriously.

[ # 39 ]

Andrew,
Did you miss this Footnote in my original post?  It says, “entertaining Laura” with “friendly humor, not to be taken seriously”, because that is all that was ever meant.

I got your intention from the very beginning and have enjoyed playing right along with you.

[ # 40 ]

Andrew,

8PLA • NET - Oct 31, 2011:

Footnote (especially @Dave):  This creative response is intended to create drama, solely for the purpose of entertaining Laura.  All non-disclosure agreements are fully respected, and the
intention of the response is friendly humor, not to be taken seriously.

What? Am I the Gestapo, now? raspberry

Just kidding, Tom. My earlier comment was more or less along the same lines.

BTW, I edited your post that contained your invitation to the Just for Fun thread, to include a link to the thread itself. I hope you don’t mind. smile (I also fixed one of Laura’s earlier posts, as it was missing a [/quote ] tag)

[ # 41 ]
Dave Morton - Nov 2, 2011:

BTW, I edited your post that contained your invitation to the Just for Fun thread, to include a link to the thread itself. I hope you don’t mind. smile (I also fixed one of Laura’s earlier posts, as it was missing a [/quote ] tag)

It was missing an end quote, start quote in the middle too. Laura combined quotes from two different messages in one—an exercise that is always fraught with peril.

BTW Dave did you notice the subjects of Laura’s books? One of them could be of particular interest to you.

[ # 42 ]

Sorry guys, that’s what happens when you are posting in a hurry.. Thanks for the debug!
About my book True Calling, the first book I have ever written but stories that needed to be told. If you have not already guessed, I am a professional caregiver by day, programmer/developer by night and a musician on the the weekends.

I really need to find a hobby! wink

[ # 43 ]

Wow! something in common! I, too, am a caregiver (though I prefer the term “Granny Nanny”), in that I provide care for my 92 year old (93, come January) Grandmother. smile

Laura Patterson - Nov 2, 2011:

...programmer/developer by night and a musician on the the weekends.

I really need to find a hobby! wink

Sounds to me that you’ve already got several hobbies. raspberry That’s ok, though. The more, the merrier! smile

It was missing an end quote, start quote in the middle too. Laura combined quotes from two different messages in one—an exercise that is always fraught with peril.

I thought I fixed that… Hmmm. I’ll look again.

BTW Dave did you notice the subjects of Laura’s books? One of them could be of particular interest to you.

All that, and an author, too? Awesome! I’ll have to check out your works. Being an avid reader with eclectic tastes often comes in handy. smile

[ # 44 ]

For more info on my book, http://truecalling.ibookmusic.com

Shameless Plug wink

[ # 45 ]

Yeah, I did a little constructive Googling, and Barnes and Noble shows that you’ve written three books(?) Looks like “True Calling” is on my Xmas list for sure. smile The others will have to wait till after the holidays, though.

I also found your LinkedIn profile, and as Andrew said, you’re more than welcome to “circle me” in G+, and add me in LinkedIn, as well. Like you, the bloom is off the rose, as far as Facebook is concerned.

< 1 2 3
3 of 3

login or register to react