AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

advice on selecting a appropriate program to make a personal chat bot

Hello I am a new to the site smile and have a few questions. I was wondering if you could recommend a a.i. bot program for chatting with the user about any thing - I want to be able to make my own bot via the program (like hows the weather and things like that). I would prefer it to be a stand alone program also it needs to be able to learn and have very good memory. I would prefer it be free but if it is paid I might get it (hopefully there is a trial available). Sorry if I sound confusing but I have searched this forum, Google, and other sites but have not been able to find information that helps me ~ please note I am new to programming in general.I am using Windows 7 (64 bit) if it matters. Thanks in advance smile

additional information:

I have been using http://www.pandorabots.com to make a bot for fun ~ I would like to know if there is a way to export this bot to a different program. Please help me thanks in advance [again].

[ # 1 ]

You can try out my system. http://www.janbogaerts.name/ (new site will be at bragisoft.com, this is not yet ready though, but has some more info)
It’s windows based, it has a stand alone and online version and next week or so also an android version.
-The windows version has a GUI to edit stuff (can also be done in a regular editor), avatar and .net integration (so it can also do stuff).
-The online version is maintained with the windows app (so you edit the bot at home, once it’s done, you upload it to your site). This is an asp.net (mvc3) app, so it has to be installed on an IIS server. It doesn’t yet have an avatar, but that’s in the pipe line.
-the android version will be very similar to siri (but not as extensive of course, cause I’m just a single person). But it will run completely native (no calling home all the time to process the input). It’ll have speech input and output, but the avatar will be for the next version.
Here are some videos and a bunch of tutorials.
There is also a catch though.
Next week will also be ‘maror release time’ as all versions will be updated and some new ones will be added (the siri app, but also the library itself to be included in your own projects).

[ # 2 ]

I also have a standalone bot that is open source uses AIML files and is written in C++ if your intersted in it let me know, thanks.

login or register to react