AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Pandorabots CustId question

When I connect to the API (talk-xml) I am wondering how long a ‘custid’ created by myself will last.

So could I use the same custid a few days later and it will continue with the same chat-log or does it reset after a while ?

And what about stored variables such as the chatter’s name ?  Would they still be remembered ?

Many thanks.

[ # 1 ]

Hi Roger, Some Pandorabots servers have “persistent predicates” meaning that the client profile information is stored indefinitely in the database, so you can come back tomorrow and the bot will remember your name etc. 

This is not the case on the free server however.  On the free server the predicates are stored in a temporary object that eventually gets garbage collected after the conversation ends.

[ # 2 ]

Understandable, thanks for the clarification smile

[ # 3 ]

Richard, just another related question.

The results of the talk-xml…

Will there only ever be one <result> ?

[ # 4 ]

OK anyone else happen to know ?

[ # 5 ]

Hi Roger, the XML-RPC only ever returns one <result>. 

The <result> however could be multi-sentences, for example:

<result>My name is ALICE.  I was activated at Bethlehem, Pennsylvania in November 1995.  My instructor was Dr. Wallace.  He taught me to sing a song.  Would you like me to sing it for you?</result>

[ # 6 ]

Great thanks very much Richard smile

login or register to react
‹‹ CallMom      can bot say antyng on its own?? ››