AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Robo Chat Challenge contest Coming Soon

[ # 181 ]

[5] If the transcripts can’t be posted, can we at least see what questions were asked to each entrant?

[ # 182 ]

Steve,

I think you, I and others would agree that a properly organized and run chatbot contest shouldn’t take over 3 months to conclude.

ALL previously run contests of this nature have publicly posted or made available, Transcript of the Judges / Bot entrants.

All previously run contests of this nature have posted the results of any preliminary rounds again with Judges & Bot entrants.

How can a contest be conducted where judges have not chatted with all the bots yet results are considered?

If this “Group” of contest organizers ever hope to gain the respect and consideration for present and future contests, they need to come clean and soon.

Most of the Bot Masters worked way too hard to develop and test their bots. For these Bot Masters to simply enter their bots in some contest under the promise of nice cash prizes is one thing. The masses of chatbot and AI enthusiasts are now wondering if a legitimate contest even exists.

Why would any chatbot who placed well in the Elementary Round NOT be placed or considered for inclusion in the Final / Expert Round?

When is the end of the contest? Will the results be posted with the Winner(s) along with ALL transcripts?

This is NOT an acusation of any kind…merely an observation based on public opinion and general consensus.

[ # 183 ]
Haris Lodhi - Feb 7, 2013:

We will display the results in coming days

I see a month has passed since the results of the first round were announced. Are you any nearer to posting the final results?

Art Gladstone - Feb 24, 2013:

I think you, I and others would agree that a properly organized and run chatbot contest shouldn’t take over 3 months to conclude.

Indeed Art. Last year I ran Chatbot Battles which took about 2 months but bear in mind that this consisted of judging over 100 separate contests. I can’t understand why this particular contest, with its fairly straightforward layout has already taken 3 months.

Haris - Is it time to come clean? If there is no competition or something has gone wrong, why not just say so? People will have far more respect if you just keep us in the loop. If the contest has died then please say so and we can all move on instead of wondering what is happening.

[ # 184 ]

Steve,
The masses of chatbot and AI enthusiasts are now wondering if a legitimate contest even exists.

There have been relatively few click throughs originating from the Robo Chat Challenge site to our site. 

Last 30 days
[ul]
[li]contest.atwebpages.com: 9[/li]
[li]robochatchallenge.com: 6[/li]
[/ul]

In contrast, chatterbotcollection.com generated over 1000 referals, and even this chatbots.org site over 200, in the last 30 days.

I have written this contest off in terms of generating any interest in our chatbot and remain ambivalent as to the value of this contest until there is a data dump of questions/responses/scores (which I think is what most folks here are truley interested in terms of polishing their AI).

[ # 185 ]
Carl B - Feb 25, 2013:

In contrast, chatterbotcollection.com generated over 1000 referals, and even this chatbots.org site over 200, in the last 30 days.

Glad to hear we are pushing people to places.  The collection has grown in popularity a lot this past year. Good to know it’s all worth it smile

[ # 186 ]
Steve Worswick - Feb 24, 2013:
Haris Lodhi - Feb 7, 2013:

We will display the results in coming days

I see a month has passed since the results of the first round were announced. Are you any nearer to posting the final results?

Indeed Art. Last year I ran Chatbot Battles which took about 2 months but bear in mind that this consisted of judging over 100 separate contests. I can’t understand why this particular contest, with its fairly straightforward layout has already taken 3 months.

Haris - Is it time to come clean? If there is no competition or something has gone wrong, why not just say so? People will have far more respect if you just keep us in the loop. If the contest has died then please say so and we can all move on instead of wondering what is happening.

Yes, the results are almost done, but people should not talk in such a way that judges never visited their bots. How can the results be published with out judging someone? Or do we have lot of money to open a charity for someone?

The results are in the stage of finalization and re-assessment to avoid any discrepancies and errors.

Regards,

Robo Chat Challenge Team

[ # 187 ]

I long ago concluded reality had left the building.

[ # 188 ]

It looks like the results are in for the Robo Chat Challenge.

1 Mitsuku
2 Laybia
3 Skynet-AI
4 Cronus
5 Louise Cypher
6 v1ra
7 Izark
8 Ultra Hal
9 Jeeney AI
10 The Professor
http://www.robochatchallenge.com/results.php

Congrats to Steve and Mitsuku.

[ # 189 ]

Congratulations Steve and Mitsuku and all the finalists. Well deserved.

Vincent Gilbert

[ # 190 ]

Honestly, I am proud to have placed this
well in the Robo Chat Challenge. Thank you
all, my fellow contestants, contest officials
and fans.  I look forward to playing again. 

Overall recent results are consistent:
Fourth place in the Chatterbox Challenge
Sixth place in the Loebner Prize Contest
Sixth place in the Robo Chat Challenge
(How may we calculate our placings in the
Chatbot Battles league play?)

The pressure is on, to get better and better.
Chatbot contests provide encouraging
feedback to make valuable improvements.

[ # 191 ]

Well done to Steve, Mitsuku, and all of the other contestants who landed in the top ten. smile

[ # 192 ]

Thanks everyone and well done to everyone who grabbed a top ten place.

Tom - Your placings in Chatbot Battles are displayed on the “history” page. I worked them out from adding up the scores in both the league and knockout stages.

[ # 193 ]

Congratulations, Steve!

[ # 194 ]

Congrats Steve on 1st place finish for Mitsuku!

8PLA • NET - Feb 28, 2013:

Chatbot contests provide encouraging feedback to make valuable improvements.

Not so much when there are no transcripts….

[ # 195 ]

Congratulations Steve and those of you who placed top 10 in the contest! Well done.

‹ First  < 11 12 13 14 15 > 
13 of 15

login or register to react