AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

2.95 Topic Switching and Zero-Data Entry

Quick question—has the default control script or the methodology via which new topics are chosen changed substantively in 2.95b? I am finding that just pressing enter triggers a response and that the bot seems to more easily and unpredictably change topics than it used to.

Thanks!

[ # 1 ]

In versions BEFORE 2.95, pressing enter alone in stdinput (stand alone) would convert that to “OK” and send that out. But engine really shouldn’t be doing that and script could choose to. So I changed engine to NOT do that anymore. So if you just press ENTER, the system will treat that as a line of input with no tokens and eventually get to your control script.

ACTUALLY, that was true only if compiled in PRODUCT SIMULATOR mode. The default mode was to merely swallow carriage returns with no data. But that meant the engine was deciding that the input was of no value, something it really shouldnt do.

In Script, if you do:
u: (%length==0) ^FAIL(INPUT)
you can detect 0 length input and do nothing.

[ # 2 ]

Thanks, Bruce.

I’ve added the code string you specified to a few different places (i.e. put it in one place, rebuilt and then erased it from the first place and put it somewhere else when that didn’t work) in my current control script and rebuilt to no avail. Granted, the ControlScript.top file is one of the murkier parts of the system to me (I am much more of a writer than a coder), but what you’re saying seems logical. Nevertheless, no dice!

Apologies, but if you can give me some clarification, that would be great.

[ # 3 ]

other code processing inputs was stripping off all blanks, making it not pass thru the empty line.  I have fixed that for next release… let’s see if that solves your problem

[ # 4 ]

Indeed it does. Many thanks, Bruce!

login or register to react