AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

CallMom BASIC

We’ve released CallMom BASIC for Android on Google Play.  Unlike other mobile virtual assistants, CallMom BASIC does not rely on a remote server to process natural language requests.  Instead, the AI resides directly on the phone or mobile device.  The implications are:

1. Faster response time
2. Works even without an internet connection
3. Increased privacy of your communications

CallMom BASIC also includes a new persistent learning feature, so that the bot can remember your profile information and preferences, and you can teach it new facts and new responses on the fly.

The app will be available for US1.99 on Google Play. 

More info: http://callmom.pandorabots.com/static/callmombasic/

[ # 1 ]

I downloaded CallMom Basic and I must say I love it. It is a totally ground breaking AI app. Unlike any other assistant I have seen (execpt maybe Siri). But I do have a question. Since the AIML resides on the device’s hard disk, shouldn’t it be possible to replace the current SUPER bot brain with say the JERVIS brain?

[ # 2 ]

You can easily connect CallMom BASIC to a remote Pandorabot.

This example shows how to connect to a bot on the free server with botid f5d922d97e345aa1:

Under “Edit Brain”, create a new category with

Pattern _
That 
= *
Topic = *
Template = <sraix host="www.pandorabots.com" botid="f5d922d97e345aa1"><star/></sraix

The underscore pattern will cause this category to override the built-in bot, and sends your input to Pandorabots.

Eventually we’ll also add a feature to modify the bot on the device. 

[ # 3 ]

I was going to ask the exact same thing. Though I don’t like being forced to create a G+ a/c. By answering you’ve given yourself a 5 star review!

“Eventually we’ll also add a feature to modify the bot on the device. ” - I assume this means you will be able to upload your aiml files direct to the app?  Think the modify response thing is great on the app but did worry that I would have to start again and modify Superalice piece by piece!

Again Great work!

BTW the greeting “I can really feel your smile”  is a bit creepy!

[ # 4 ]

I too am really enjoying this app. I really would love a way to modify the aiml. I can work a lot faster in textpad than during the day on my phone. If I could suggest.. could you create a text free setting so I could just call my bots name and it responds? Then I could communicate with it more like a real conversation and control the phone easier. If this feature is incorporated I would also suggest a widget.

I have loaded my learnf.aiml.cvs file to about 150k now jokes and custom responses. Thankfully it checks that file before the stock aiml. I really like this app though. Thank you for providing it.

login or register to react