AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Cleverscript: what do you think

Paul Tero of Existor just posted this article on Cleverscript:

http://www.chatbots.org/conversational/agent/clever_npcs_from_cleverbot/

What do you think???

[ # 1 ]

It seems a fairly standard product marketing description.

Some things that are interesting me though is:
A.) how does this differentiate to e.g. Pandorabots
“Using a proprietary concept called phrases you create a reusable hierarchy of language. You can quickly build up a library of phrases to match thousands or even millions of variants of “Where is the key?” such as “Please tell me where I can find the golden key?””

B.) I like the fuzziness capability as it seems something ALICE doesn’t provide or maybe I simply haven’t found that yet.

But what do you think Erwin?

[ # 2 ]

Erwin, the link you provided throws a 404 error. Has the article been pulled?

regards, Richard

[ # 3 ]

The link works fine for me, Richard. downer

[ # 4 ]

Yup, works fine for me now too Dave. Gave me a 404 error last night for several tries on both my laptop and tablet.

Sounds to me like they took Mr. Wilcox’s work and Dr. Wallace’s work, stuffed it into a csv file format and run db searches on it. Great idea, not worth paying for. At least not to me.

regards, Richard

[ # 5 ]

Hi Richard,
Cleverbot is actually a brilliant concept, but it is not AI, and it will never be AI.
It ‘simply’ remembers answers to questions provided by users.

Cleverbot: What’s your name?
Richard: My name is Richard

next time:
User: What’s your name?
Cleverbot: My name is Richard

But then obviously a lot more sophiscated.

As a result, two cleverbots talking to each other:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnzlbyTZsQY

As you can imagine, Cleverbot technology is primary used in entertainment, and not in business 2 consumer communication or education.

[ # 6 ]

I’m not sure if it was Cleverbot or Jabberwacky, but one of them would actually remember what “random” reply it gave you earlier in the conversation (i.e. it will randomly tell you it’s a female named Mary if you ask it, and then it will stick to its story even after several more messages in the conversation; but it would tell another chatter it’s a male bot named Bob, and stick to that story for them). I just thought that was kinda neat, and makes it sound slightly more intelligent than just a learn-and-echo bot.

login or register to react