AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Facebook Bots

Anyone know anything about Phishing bots on facebook? I just recieved a friend request from someone through a person on my friendlist. It just “feels” like a bot. No preliminary contact just a private message saying ;

“Liked your picture so I added you.

What type of music do u like?

hey I have to go right now

Send me your cell # and I will text you.”

This has phish all over it and Ill think Ill have some fun. Any info on FB Bots?

Vince

[ # 1 ]

Only that I received something similar, and also decided to “give it a go”, except that I didn’t provide my cell number. Every once in a while, I get a message from “her” at like 3AM, asking “icebreaker” questions in poor English, but they’re never on, and I get no replies to the messages I send, so I think it’s a bot in my case, as well.

[ # 2 ]

I haven’t seen FB bots that send messages yet, just ones that send friend requests out of the blue, and they have wall posts that are either all pictures against the terms of service (if you know what I mean), or some kind of shady message about how they want you to add them on Skype, as bots tend to do. I just block/report the profiles and move on.

[ # 3 ]

LOL I do know what you mean. This profile only has one photo of a girl, and its definitely designed to be provocative enough to be considered bait. I have to have an old cell around here that Im thinking of activating just to see what happens. Ive never built a cellphone honeypot before.

V

[ # 4 ]

Out of curiosity, Vince, what’s the “name” of your new-found “friend”? It would be interesting if it were the same as mine. smile

I’ll show you mine if you show me youes. cheese wink

[ # 5 ]

“Jessica Adan” I contacted the friend who (im sure its a bot) said had recommend me, and he has no idea who it is.

Vince

[ # 6 ]

“mine” is Linda Blessing. smile

login or register to react