AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Life as a Customer Service representative.

http://bygonebureau.com/2013/04/23/call-girl-what-i-learned-during-my-year-as-a-customer-service-representative

I know I’m not going to score any points for empathy by saying this, but after reading this article I feel so much better about writing artificial intelligence software that will eventually put all these people out of work. Again.

[ # 1 ]

Interesting article. I can imagine it being exactly like she describes.

[ # 2 ]

My Sister got an “entry level” position in Customer Service with Harley Davidson Financial over a decade ago, and she described it pretty much the same way, even then. They just handed her a phone and a script, gave her roughly 30 minutes of “training”, and cut her loose. She almost quit that first day, but a co-worker gave her the best “training”, just by pointing out that no matter what the customer was saying, it wasn’t really directed at her, but at the company. After that, Sis just took it all in, and until earlier this year when the economy finally hit her office, she stuck with it. Now she’s a writer (or trying to be, at least), and is a much less stressed-out individual. smile

login or register to react