we have had many discussions in the past hosting on TransScript Area on Chatbots.org. Now, inspired by the thread by Wouter, http://www.chatbots.org/ai_zone/viewthread/1459/, I’m happy to inform you I do want to have such an area on Chatbots.org, provided this area will be build be the community:
Here are the specifications
- Sub tab under directory: TransScripts (main tab will be renamed into ‘virtual humans’ with a subtab ‘gallery’)
- Left column should contain a list to all transscripts, a way to navigate through all the transscripts (rating???)
- Button: Upload your Transscripts (20 contribution points)
On uploading, the following meta data need to be entered:
- Chatbot name (or be selected from a dropdown if the chatbot is listed on Chatbots.org)
- Recording date
- Contest (dropdown, optional)
- Year (if contest is selected)
- upload file. Which formats should be allowed? At least .txt? Anything else?
Uploaded transscripts should be approved by one of our moderators. Dave, Steve, me or anybody else who want to volunteer in this area. We should make use of our standard workflow mechanism to upload and moderate content (like the ‘add your chatbot’ button).
Once uploaded, the transscripts should be displayed. We should interpret the transscripts intelligently and format the lines by the conversational parties involved in a different way. (different backgrond color for example).
In the directory tab, i.e. the chatbot listings, and in the awards tab, the transscripts will be included automatically.
This should be the basic functionality. The forms and workflow are pretty Chatbots.org standard, and our VPS has more than enough space, but the formatting is a bit more difficult.
Wish: a rating mechanism for transscripts. Shouldn’t be that difficult…
In a next phase I’d love to introduce ‘commenting on line level’, so people can start a discussion on line 241 in the transscript in a very easy way.
Which php programmer would love to work on this?