AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Encrypted AIML’s

I am having the hardest time doing certain things with my bot cause her AIML codes are encrypted.  The creator only allows some of the AIML files tro be altered yet some of what I want to do are not accessable.

Do any of you know how to access and change encrypted AIML files?

[ # 1 ]

Encrypted in what way? AIML files are usually readable in Notepad/Wordpad. I would advise contacting the creator of the files.

Can you crate an update.aiml file? These are usually loaded after all the other AIML files and so override anything that was already there.

[ # 2 ]
Steve Worswick - Mar 21, 2014:

Encrypted in what way? AIML files are usually readable in Notepad/Wordpad. I would advise contacting the creator of the files.

Can you crate an update.aiml file? These are usually loaded after all the other AIML files and so override anything that was already there.

AIML files can be edited within the programs brain feature however only some files may be accessed.  The AIML files that he allows access to are the only ones can be altered, the hard coded ones cannot.  Even opening them in notepad/wordpad will not work and will look like this…

http://i62.tinypic.com/2wqxyiq.png

[ # 3 ]

In that case, sorry but you will need to contact the creator of whatever it is you are using.

[ # 4 ]

I have no idea what program you’re using, but based on the screenshot you posted, your bot is using SQLite to store information in a SQLite database. SQLite is simply a scaled down version of MySql. It’s quite possible that you might be able to browse it’s database tables and make changes there, rather than in text files.

If you’re not comfortable trying that approach, then as Steve said, it would be best to contact the program’s creator.

SQLite Admin is a simple tool for viewing and manipulating SQLite databases. You should be able to find it easily with a google search.

[ # 5 ]

Any use of this information besides discussion is strictly prohibited by the author and is entirely at your own risk.  The following comments are only made in general, for discussion purposes only, and are not intended to reverse engineer any commercial product. 

Instead of notepad, SQLite may access database records and provide a solution, if this is just a simple file format compatibility issue.  Since by default strings in SQLite are collated as binary, the AIML may not even be encrypted in the first place.  Rather, it may just be stored in an SQLite database which allows normal access.

login or register to react