AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

ChatScript Wiki

ChatScript Wiki is now online!

The link to the wiki is: http://chatscriptwiki-chatscript.rhcloud.com

The Wiki needs much work and contribution and I will be adding the documentation and I am also looking for wiki editors and developers to assist in development.

[ # 1 ]

That’s a good start, Eric. The URL is a bit of a mouthful, but that’s a minor thing, I think. smile

I see that you don’t yet have a logo image. Would you like some help in that area? I could probably help with a .htaccess file that would get help get rid of the “index.php” part of the URL, if you’re interested.

[ # 2 ]

Thank you Dave,

For the URL, I have created a short URL: http://goo.gl/5fMCR1
I wish I was artistically inclined but I would greatfully accept help with the logo image. Please elaborate on how you can help with the “.htaccess” to shorten the URL. I am accepting as much help and assistance as I can revieve

[ # 3 ]

Let’s check with Bruce regarding the logo. He might have something that could be used, or maybe an idea of what he would like to see there. Either way, I’m more than happy to create or modify whatever might be required.

A URL shortening redirect is helpful with forum posts, so that’s a plus. It’s only lazy people (such as myself) who would find the long URL to be a problem, I think. cheese Removing index.php from the URL isn’t just about aesthetics, though. It’s actually giving away more information about the hosting server (and those who maintain it) than is strictly necessary. I could go into a two to three post lecture on the implications of leaving it in the URL, but I won’t, as it’s only a minor thing, and said lecture would be boring beyond tolerance for most members of this community/ wink

[ # 4 ]

Lets see what Bruce has to say and we can take acton from there. As for your lecture, I’d be happy to read it if you sent it to me LOL

[ # 5 ]

I do have a logo basis:  the brillig logo which you might put a CS after it… see http://brilligunderstanding.com/  and the caption underneath the photo which has a peering smiling face icon.

[ # 6 ]

I assume that you mean this one, Bruce? (see attachment, below)

If so, I can work with that. smile

Image Attachments
bi_logo.png

[ # 7 ]

Thanks Eric,

I’m looking forward to see how it goes. there is the docs pdf files but it’s not searchable. and as a developers we use to search for every problem instead of reading docs wink

I don’t have experience with wiki but nonetheless I’d like to be involved smile

I think you can start with this file: “ChatScript Basic User Manual.pdf” by separating the parts into wiki pages and sections.

Please let me know what you need and I’ll do my best even though English is not my first language.

Thanks

[ # 8 ]

That attached image is correct.

[ # 9 ]

Cool! I’ll make the necessary modifications, and attach the new image for approval. smile

[ # 10 ]

How about this? Simple and elegant (IMHO):

{BTW, congrats on breaking the 1k post count, Bruce!}

Image Attachments
bu_logo_new.png

[ # 11 ]

There’s also this one, which is very similar, but with some subtle improvements:

Image Attachments
bu_logo2.png

[ # 12 ]
Samuel Azran - Jan 3, 2015:

Thanks Eric,

I’m looking forward to see how it goes. there is the docs pdf files but it’s not searchable. and as a developers we use to search for every problem instead of reading docs wink

I don’t have experience with wiki but nonetheless I’d like to be involved smile

I think you can start with this file: “ChatScript Basic User Manual.pdf” by separating the parts into wiki pages and sections.

Please let me know what you need and I’ll do my best even though English is not my first language.

Thanks

Thank you Samuel for your support. I have already begun converting the “ChatScript Basic User Manual.pdf” into a wiki page found here: http://chatscriptwiki-chatscript.rhcloud.com/index.php/Basic_User_Manual

You can look at its source code to get an idea of how wiki pages are styled and scripted. It will be a lot of work but im working on converting all of the documentation pdf’s into wiki pages, that would be a good way to start helping. Also, what is your first language? You can help localize the wiki for your language, eventually we will have localize it for many languages.

Thank you for your support.

[ # 13 ]
Dave Morton - Jan 4, 2015:

There’s also this one, which is very similar, but with some subtle improvements:

Dave, This looks great! ill post it ASAP.

[ # 14 ]

I might suggest the word be ABOVE the image, so it is looking up at it. And as contrast, perhaps a black frame against a sky blue background—- looking for a light color background for the image.

[ # 15 ]

I can do that, no problem. I was using a transparent background, but a colored one should look ok. I’ll also try it with and without an enclosing border. The next image will be hosted on my site, and will be several variations and options to choose from.

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 4

login or register to react