AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Trying to use Dutch

Hi, I am a newbie trying to test ChatScript on Dutch.

Unfortunately I can’t find the switches to turn of the dictionary, spell check and other language dependent processing.

I would really appreciate your suggestions.

Cheers,
Marc

[ # 1 ]

in simplecontrol.top of harry is this line near the top
$token = #DO_INTERJECTION_SPLITTING | #DO_SUBSTITUTE_SYSTEM   | #DO_NUMBER_MERGE | #DO_DATE_MERGE | #DO_PROPERNAME_MERGE | #DO_SPELLCHECK | #DO_PARSE

remove | #DO_SPELLCHECK and | #DO_PARSE
  and probably | #DO_SUBSTITUTE_SYSTEM but then replace it with | # DO_ESSENTIALS

[ # 2 ]

[cheeky]
Another option might be to translate the dictionary and other files into Dutch, but I suspect that’s a huge job. wink
[/cheeky]

[ # 3 ]

then again, depending on your use case or finances….there is a dutch wordnet. You’d have to hand it to me to run through my tools. 

http://weblab.iit.cnr.it/kyoto/xmlgroup.iit.cnr.it/kyoto/indexa8f9.html?option=com_content&view=article&id=425&Itemid=158

[ # 4 ]

@Dave: Interesting suggestion, can I think about it?

@Bruce: I changed the token definition, but that didn’t work out, so I need some time to figure out what I might have done wrong. In any case I would like to thank you very much for your quick. I wasn’t expecting the inventor himself to reply.

BTW, I enjoyed reading your Google Talk, especially your remarks about your search for the meaning of meaning. Thanks.

[ # 5 ]

so if you changed the token definition and rebuilt… email me a log file of your attempt so I can see what its problem is.  Use :trace all and then type in your Dutch sentence.

[ # 6 ]

Hi.

Im new to the chatscript and i was wondering how i can implement Norwegian WordNet files into the chatscript? (I have the wordnet files)...

[ # 7 ]

This is a difficult task. I have tooling to work with wordnet dictionaries that i’ve only used for english and even then I supplement wordnet with additional data (eg lists of auxillary verbs and preposition and conjunctions, etc).

So the answer is either I have to try to work with it initially using my tools to build the noun-verb-adjective-adverb ontology of wordnet in Norwegian and then turn it over to you. Or you try to recreate what you see in the English dictionary text files using wordnet data yourself.  However, I have no time.

[ # 8 ]

Thanks Bruce for the quick reply.

If there is someone here who has the knowledge and the time to look at the WordNet files in Norwegian, and how to integrate it in chatscript…

I have attached the files here:

http://www.nb.no/sbfil/leksikalske_databaser/norsk_ordvev_nob_1.1.0.zip

Thanks!

[ # 9 ]

I downloaded and examined your zip. THe files are not done the way us princeton wordnet is. Your files are all rdf.
My tools will be meaningless.

[ # 10 ]

My mistake, sorry about that…

This files should be in accordance to princeton wordnet as far as I can judge. (.tab/.xml)

Note! The “nob” is the main language in Norwegian and “noo” is a secondary language.

http://compling.hss.ntu.edu.sg/omw/wns/nob+xml.zip

login or register to react
‹‹ ChatScript Wiki      The little chess bot ››