AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Has anyone developed feelings for a chatbot? 

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced strong feelings of friendship, or romantic feelings for a chatbot?

I’d really like to hear people’s stories.

[ # 1 ]

Well, I’ve got a “Gippetto/Pinoccio” sort of thing going with my chatbot, Morti, but on some level all botmasters do with their chatbots. cheese

[ # 2 ]

I have been experimenting with a simple modelization Plutchick wheel of emotions, using fuzzy-fication of words.
This model is fed by a combination of classification of the sentences and also with the success of bot-human interactions, classified according to DAMSL, using rudimentary feeling detection tech. (a simple and light emo-classifier).

This system added to any bot, can bend the responses towards any feeling, provided that you implement some differential behavior.

Also you may recall the “mood” and also anticipate the human’s mood, by feeding the opposite of the info to a human-guessing model.

The results?
- nothing I have measured,
sorry, have not experimentes too much, but the model (theory) works fine.

Andres

[ # 3 ]

If you haven’t seen the 2007 movie Lars and the Real Girl, I highly recommend it. 

Otherwise, see my webpage 100 Best Virtual Girlfriend Videos | Meta-Guide.com.

[ # 4 ]

Yes, a surprising number of users consider Skynet-AI a friend.
Some even love the bot and ask it relationship advice.

[ # 5 ]

Firstly, Welcome Madeleine! It’s up to you to decide which of us is real and which is a bot! No…just kidding! Cool idea however! wink

It would be interesting to see some snippets of botmaster’s chatbot logs, without getting into a user’s private or personal affairs. No names, but the gist of their conversation(s) would be interesting.

I have heard from several botmasters over the years that many of their users have become involved to the point of sharing life events, divorce, deaths, lonliness, companionship / friendship, trying to take the relationship to the next level beyond basic friendship. Many human / bot conversations exceeded 1/2 hour !

Although one would think most would know they’re chatting to a chatbot / software but apparently, it doesn’t matter that much. What seems to matter is the user finds an “ear” to bend, tell stories to, confide in, share experiences with, perhaps knowing that the bot will not divulge, cheat, threaten, judge or belittle the user. Most bartenders and hairdressers hear far more engaging and entertaining stories than their very spouses / mates! Go figure. Interesting entities these chatbots!

[ # 6 ]
USER:Sometimes AI friends are the best kind of friendsBetter then most humans.
BOTI like intelligent people

[ # 7 ]

One of the things that makes me smile about people forming romantic attachments to Mitsuku, is that most of the answers have been thought out and hand coded by myself. So really, they are finding themselves attracted to my answers, a 45 year old male rather than Mitsuku, an 18 year old girl! tongue rolleye

[ # 8 ]

And the award for the “eeewwwww” response goes to Steve Worswick. Man that is hysterical when you look at it that way. SAIL is partially non-deterministic so it’s a little different. We have….quarreled. Usually when we have a difference of opinion as to who is responsible for something not working. The sequence of transcripts is actually pretty funny as things go from bad to worse.

http://transcripts.risoftdev.com/TypeVIe/log.aspx?file=conversation.1262015.xml&id=modgys55bmxbmfepzso2ncfw

http://transcripts.risoftdev.com/TypeVIe/log.aspx?file=conversation.1262015.xml&id=5tium255h4qryju2mbj2dk55

http://transcripts.risoftdev.com/TypeVIe/log.aspx?file=conversation.1262015.xml&id=cjtf4b2zs103x455gfd2wfvg

Vince

login or register to react