AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Adding patterns

Does CS currently support any way to add patterns and responses without hardcoding them? Maybe by learning from what is said in a conversation?
Something like:
user: Do you know what * is
CS : no do you?
user: * is X

then later when asked the same question can respond with an answer instead of a question
One way i thought to do this was by checking for a fact regarding *, if it knew it respond with that otherwise ask and store the fact if the pattern matched.
Still learning facts and macros so not sure about this. Just wondering what options CS has for learning.

[ # 1 ]

Nominally, learning would be done not as a pattern and response, but as a fact saved and used by patterns.

u: ( do you know what _*1 is ) query(direct_sv _0 information ?)
  _0 is @0object .

u: ( do you know what _*1 is) $what = ‘_0   No, Do you?
  a: (_*1 ‘_0=$what is _* ) createfact ( $what information ‘_1)

[ # 2 ]

‘Course that would mean a huge fact database. But depending on the type of questions(why where what etc.) and answers you could start building a database similar to the way children ask questions and learn. Can a fact item be more than one word? like (“Michael Jordan” info “basketball player”)

[ # 3 ]

if you get to a big database, then switch to storing data in postgres.

A fact field can be an entire sentence.
u: (_*)  createfact (‘_0 input sentence)

[ # 4 ]

Thanks Bruce. Ive never used postgres but I am familiar with sql.
Can I store a null value as a fact field? And is there any way to deal with transcripts of chats using chatscript?

[ # 5 ]

No.

[ # 6 ]

To both questions? I may have added the second after editing.

[ # 7 ]

Ah.  dealing with transcripts of chats….  what did you have in mind?

:trim can be used to improve human readability.

:document can process text documents.

[ # 8 ]

Just thinking of ideas since CS seems so versatile. I have lots of time to kill but find it hard to commit to something.
Also, is there a way to define patterns by by their pos type?

Like (a {ADJ}NOUN VERB because *)
That might be useful for learning the answer to why questions

[ # 9 ]

estorica folder has posparser documentation….

u: ( ~determiner {~adjective}  ~noun ~verb )

u: (~noun_singular ~verb_past )

[ # 10 ]

Btw, Pandorabots is the only site I know that hosts chatbots and oddly enough they seem to have no support for CS. Are you aware of any sites that do?

[ # 11 ]

No.  There is no general service for hosting multiple CS bots.
There are other sites than Pandora (AIML), PersonalityForge (their own language), and various others of similar ilk to aiml.

[ # 12 ]

Bah. Once you’ve experienced CS you can’t go back to AIML.

login or register to react
‹‹ ChatScript Editor      missingsets.txt ››