AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Hosting a sample chatterbot in Amazon EC-2 Server

[ # 16 ]

You said:
I was able to run the php file when connected through putty and server is running.
ChatScript server goes dead , though i executed “crontab LINUX/jobs.cron” command.

So what was the behavior? You were logged in via something like winscp into your server. You executed ./LinuxChatScript64 and the server started.
The php file is for talking via a browser to your server.
When you said server goes dead—what did you mean? When did it die? How do you know it was dead?

[ # 17 ]

when I exit from the putty window (i mean the connection, which made the server to start, is closed), there is no response in the browser window. That means the server is not alive…

The output is just the words I typed .No reply from my bot.

And sorry for the late reply

[ # 18 ]

Since you launched the server from the putty window, the server closes when you cease putty. UNLESS you launch the server this way:

nohup ./LinuxChatScript64 &

which tells the system not to hang up when you kill the putty window.
Meanwhile, regardless, if you have a cron job properly running, while the server will die when you close putty, it should restart within 5 minutes.

[ # 19 ]
Sangeetha Geetha - Dec 26, 2015:

when I exit from the putty window (i mean the connection, which made the server to start, is closed), there is no response in the browser window. That means the server is not alive…

The output is just the words I typed .No reply from my bot.

And sorry for the late reply

the following snaps shows the behaviour of server.

Image Attachments
1.PNG2.PNG

[ # 20 ]

so you are saying your server was never successfully running?  so, backing up.

1. you launched the server using a putty window?
2. you KEPT the putty window open and went to a browser
3. you typed to the browser but got no response from your server…

Start by having your server running and in a DIFFERENT window still in the CS directory, type in
./LinuxChatScript64 client=localhost:1024

Does that communicate with your server?

[ # 21 ]

Yes !

“nohup ./LinuxChatScript64”

with this command,server is running all the time..

[ # 22 ]
Bruce Wilcox - Dec 26, 2015:

so you are saying your server was never successfully running?  so, backing up.

1. you launched the server using a putty window?
2. you KEPT the putty window open and went to a browser
3. you typed to the browser but got no response from your server…

Start by having your server running and in a DIFFERENT window still in the CS directory, type in
./LinuxChatScript64 client=localhost:1024

Does that communicate with your server?

what happened to me was ,
1. I launched the server using a putty window
2. started the server with ‘./LinuxChatScript64’ command, KEPT the putty window open and went to a browser
3. I typed the link in browser and got response from the server (as coded in the chatbot)...
4.On exiting the putty window, I got no response.I suppose there is some issue with cron file.

Now it working after using the “nohup ./LinuxChatScript64” command ,even if the putty window is closed

[ # 23 ]

Thanks Mr.Bruce for your instant and exact responses!!

< 1 2
2 of 2

login or register to react