AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

AIML in a website

Lets say i have a website. Is there a way where i can connect my aiml code with an html input tag so i can make a website that has a fully functional chatbot?

I am very new to this so i have no idea to what to do. I searched in chatbots.io but it didnt give me enough information and it only gave me a 10 days trial which i want to use it wisely.

Can someone explain to me how do you put a chatbot on a website?

[ # 1 ]

You can use the values from the html form ($_POST) to pass to a program (bot). 

Check out something like Program O, which uses a combination of html, php and mysql to make a chatbot.

Your hosting service will need let you run php and mysql of course.

[ # 2 ]

is it possible to have program o on a macbook ?

[ # 3 ]
George Valtas - Feb 18, 2016:

is it possible to have program o on a macbook ?

http://coolestguidesontheplanet.com/get-apache-mysql-php-phpmyadmin-working-osx-10-10-yosemite/

[ # 4 ]

Hi George,

Here is a gist that shows how to talk to the Pandorabots API from your browser:

https://gist.github.com/djfdev/5676a407baa7be590731

You’ll need to both files on your server. You’ll also need to enter your API credentials (app_id, user_key, botname) in lines 35-40 of pandorabot.html.

A word of warning: I would not suggest talking to the Pandorabots API in this manner. Connecting via a browser will expose your bot and API keys publicly. You’re much better off making requests from your server, to which users may connect via some other type of authentication.

[ # 5 ]

Hello Daniel, do i need to make an account on chatbots.io for this to work?

[ # 6 ]

Yes, absolutely. You cannot talk to the API unless you have a valid app_id and user_key (API credentials).

[ # 7 ]

And the only way to do this is to try the 10 day trial or pay money right ?

[ # 8 ]

Correct, you need to sign up for a plan to be given the credentials.

login or register to react
‹‹ <oob> tags      Server not available ››