AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Migration 2.6.5: 6 hours downtime this Sunday

This Sunday, we’ll migrate Chatbots.org to the new generation 2.x of our content management system Expression Engine. This has serious impact on our operations. Therefore, we have to take the site offline for aprroximately 6 hours, starting on 4pm Amsterdam Time (GMT+1), 10am EDT.

Once recovered, we can show you our 2.6.5 version with a few cool new functions.

[ # 1 ]

We’re live! Bedtime here in Holland (2:39 am). More info tomorrow!

[ # 2 ]

Great news, Erwin! So far, everything looks good, though I’m not seeing much of a performance increase, yet. That may have more to do with where the server is in relation to my location than any actual performance within the site. Node latency is a problem with quite a few sites that I visit; even my own, sometimes. :(

{edit}
Holy COW! I’ve got over 300 posts now! Watch out, Erwin! I’m catching up to you!
{/edit}

[ # 3 ]

Dave, just out of curiosity would you mind giving tracktype.org a try? I’m self-hosting that on a server next to my desk via an ADSL2 line. It’s typically handling up to fifty database queries per second and in terms of topology, is probably about as remote from your location as it is possible to get on this planet (i.e. just one hop short of Antarctica).

Even so, you should not find the latency to be more than a fraction of a second (typically 300ms). It’s probable that the performance problems that you are experiencing are due to something else.

[ # 4 ]

That link is impressively fast, for being on the other side of the world, next to your desk.

[ # 5 ]

The site tracktype.org loads very quickly for me, as well. And what makes it even more odd is the fact that when I run a tracert on it, I get “request timed out” on hops 18-30, and yet the site loads in less than a quarter of a second. Running tracert on chatbots.org and geekcavecreations.com also show nodes that timeout in between, but not as many, and the final nodes in each of those show up fine.

login or register to react