AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

CHATBOT MEETUP CHATBOT MEETUP CHATBOT MEETUP CHATBOT CHATBOT MEETUP CHATBOT MEETUP CHATBOT MEETUP CHATBOT MEETUP

On June 28th, 2017 we're organizing our next Chatbot Meetup in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Feel free to join!'

Integrating Test-To-Speech (Festival framework) in Chatscript

Can I integrate festival framework with Chatscript to enable text to speech on my Mac Machine ?

[ # 1 ]

if there is a command line yes, you can pass your output to a system function.  Check out bot Harry’s control script, there is an example there for windows at the very bottom of the file (RAWDATA/HARRY/simplecontrol.top).  It should be pretty easy to do the same for mac.  I’ve gotten the ‘say’ command to do something similar, i.e.  ‘/usr/bin/say <chatscriptoutput>’.

[ # 2 ]
if (!%server AND %os == mac  AND !$SHUTUP)
{

$$shellerror system(^"say \"$$tmp\" ")

For different voices type ‘say -v ?’ and you’ll get a list.  then add that to the command.  :)

note: check to see if your %os is set correctly (:variables) - there is a bug where it doesn’t set to mac - I fixed mine in the compile, but haven’t submitted a bug fix yet so you might have to hack on things a bit to get it set up - or just ditch the os check in the if statement for now.

login or register to react
‹‹ Converting from number      Matching money ››