AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

CHATBOT MEETUP CHATBOT MEETUP CHATBOT MEETUP CHATBOT CHATBOT MEETUP CHATBOT MEETUP CHATBOT MEETUP CHATBOT MEETUP

On June 28th, 2017 we're organizing our next Chatbot Meetup in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Feel free to join!'

Using Postgres as File Server not creating tables in Database

Hi,
I was looking at esoteric CS manual and also topic Using Postgres as File Server.

Started CS with command:

./BINARIES/ChatScriptpg local pguser="hostaddr=127.0.0.1 port = 5432 user = postgres password = somepassword " 

Actually i managed to get correct stdout in CS console:

Postgres enabledFileSystem routed to hostaddr=127.0.0.1 port 5432 user postgres password somepassword 

But checking Postgres server showed me that no users db created and no tables created in postgres DB as well.

postgres=# \c users
FATAL:  database "users" does not exist
Previous connection kept
postgres
=# \dt
No relations found

Actually I’ve used Postgres bot, and with it connection was established with the same credentials - so they are correct. Also I installed all packages for postgres which you’ve mentioned in manual. And also changed in pg_hba.conf the local validation from peer to trust.
Could you please suggest what could be the reason?

[ # 1 ]

And this is really strange. When I was using provided Postgres bot, not only connection to PG from CS was established but I was also able to create and drop tables using it. I mean CS really can interact with Postgres. But for some reason it is not writing any data about users to database, when I try to use it as a file server. I already checked everything - using with and without password users in credentials for PG, but still don’t have creating database *users* in postgres when i run CS binary with parameter pguser=“hostaddr=127.0.0.1 port = 5432 user = postgres password = somepassword “, but I mentioned that it keep writing user’s state in CS inside topic_useranme_botname.txt file inside USERS folder.
Could please anybody, who already succeeded with using CS with PG as a fileserver help me? How can I actually check in Postgres that CS is writing data inside database? Maybe I was doing it wrong before checking *\c users* inside PG console and it should be done somehow else? Will be very grateful for any help. Thanks.

login or register to react