AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Command to view what’s in a concept

OK, I can’t seem to find this on my own. How do I view what’s inside a concept?

For instance, I enter :prepare dollar, and I see that “dollar” is in the concept ~currency. So I go to ONTOLOGY to see what else is in ~currency, and I cannot find that concept anywhere. Is there a command to view all the words/concepts/phrases in a concept directly in terminal so that I don’t have to go looking for it?

Thank you!

[ # 1 ]

Personally I tend to use
:facts ~conceptname

But note that not all concepts have predefined members and are assigned dynamically (see the System Variables manual). ~currency is one of those.

The list of currencies is built from the currencies.txt file in LIVEDATA.

[ # 2 ]

Interesting, thank you! Are fact subjects different from concepts structurally?

[ # 3 ]

There are enumeration concepts (as you see from ONTOLOGY) and there are dynamic concepts (engine decides something is a member in the moment).  enumeration concepts can be viewed via :down ~concept 100 .

Concepts are internally just a collection of facts of the form (word member ~conceptname)
The “member” verb is reserved for concept use and the “is”  verb is used for dictionary hierarchy structure.

[ # 4 ]

Great, thank you! I was confused because I was trying to view dynamic concepts which are not there. I get it now.

[ # 5 ]

we would not want to make ~number an enumeration concept, for example.  Nor ~mainsubject.

login or register to react