AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Le French corner

Hello,
this thread is intended more particularly for French-speaking ChatScript users.

An early translation of the documents contained in the official documentation is available in the Github repository of Utopia-frenchtech.

I am not sure on rights that I can propose for this documentation, the original sources being marked “copyright” Bruce Wilcox, I have not yet specified the rights of the French versions ...

Bonne lecture aux utilisateurs Francophones !

N’hésitez pas à participer…

ce fil de discussion est plus particulièrement destiné aux utilisateurs de ChatScript francophones.

Vous trouverez une première traduction des documents contenus dans la documentation officielle sur le github d’Utopia-frenchtech :
https://github.com/Utopia-frenchtech/Documentation_Chatscript_Fr

[ # 1 ]

You can probably say copyright Mathieu Rigard 2017, based on translations of ChatScript documents by Bruce Wilcox, with his permission.

[ # 2 ]

Thanks Bruce, I was hoping you would say something like this.
I was just wondering what would happen if I put copyleft Mathieu Rigard and someone made an English translation ...

[ # 3 ]

I have no idea. Offhand someone would be wasting their time, I imagine.

[ # 4 ]

Copyrights expert here, just chipping in. The original copyrights apply as long as the end result is clearly based on the original. A French translation carries Bruce’s copyright, but not the translator’s copyright because a translation is not considered an original work that can be copyrighted separately. A translation of a translation would also still carry Bruce’s copyright. Even if someone were to put “copyleft” on a translation, that would simply be invalid.
A correct disclaimer would be “Copyight Bruce Wilcox, translation by Mathieu Rigard”.

[ # 5 ]

I got it. Thank you Don.

For once logical things can apply ...

Now: room for exchanges about the translations themselves.

All additions and comments are welcome here and on github.

——————————————————

Tout ajout et commentaire sont les bienvenus ici et sur github.

Bonne lecture !

[ # 6 ]

Hello ,

I’m a french guy who wants to use ChatScript in french. I tried to put de language paremeter to french -> It doesn’t work for me. So I tried in german with the same result. I work on linux Debian, I reached to run Harry bot in english.

Maybe I probably forgot to do something ?

I launch ChatScript with this comamnd line (for french ou german):
./BINARIES/LinuxChatScript64 local -language=french

My bot answers me “TEST:  Line gambit”. What does it mean ? I don’t understand.

thx

[ # 7 ]

Hello,some news on the French Corner:

Wednesday, March 14,
Come to create your first ChatBot in CharScript at the library Firmin Garnier of Saint Amour (Jura - France).
Book your tickets at bibliotheque-stamour chez wanadoo.fr

At the end of this animation, a French bot: Firmin (a friend of Harry), should be created.

More info on this robotic week at http://www.mediatheque.ccportedujura.fr/cms/articleview/id/207

Have a good week!

login or register to react