AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Chatbots 3.1 Conference - April 23, 2011

FOURTH COLLOQUIUM ON CONVERSATIONAL SYSTEMS

Chatbots 3.1

Who: Bot creators, commercial users, enthusiasts, scientists, students, and the press are invited.

What: Chatbots 3.13. Conference

When: Saturday, April 23, 2011

Where: Suite 3200 (32nd Floor) Two Liberty Place, 50 S. 16th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102

Why:  Based on the success of and interest in last year’s Chatbots 3.0 conference, we have organized a follow-up Chatbots conference in the same location in Philadelphia. We have assembled an impressive group of speakers covering a range of topics including chat bot technology, business, legal issues and applications.  Chatbots 3.x has established a reputation for providing the highest quality presentations among all conferences in our industry.  Come to the Chatbots 3.1 conference to meet the top experts in our community.  Interact, ask questions, and join us for an informative day reviewing the latest developments in chat bot technology.

More info and Registration: http://chatbots31.eventbrite.com

[ # 1 ]

Good news Richard! The next conference!

Unfortunately, probably I can’t make it (first priority is to generate revenues with this website), but hopefully on Chatbots 3.2!

[ # 2 ]

We’ve lined up some exciting presentations this year from Existor, MyCybertwin, NextIT, Pandorabots, Riot SW, US Air Force, VirtuOz, Hugh Loebner and more!

Get early registration at http://chatbots31.eventbrite.com/

[ # 3 ]

We’ve added a registration category for Youth, Students, Seniors and Disabled—only $25!

All others register before April 8 to get the discounted $100 early registration fee.

http://chatbots31.eventbrite.com

[ # 4 ]

What’s the “age limit” for being considered a “senior”, Rich? smile

[ # 5 ]

Hugh Loebner, alone, is worth the price of admission.

[ # 6 ]

But Hugh, along with a few friends is worth more. raspberry

I’m sorry. Did that sound like Morti? smile

[ # 7 ]

Here is the final program:

[ul][li]David Newyear - Mentor Public Library - The Cat who sat down at the Reference Desk[/li]
[li]Robert Medeksza - Zabaware - Ultra HAL Technology in Social Networks[/li]
[li]
Francis Taney - Buchanan Ingersoll - Legal and IP Issues for Botmasters[/li]
[li]
Dr. Richard Wallace - Pandorabots - Unsupervised Learning for AIML Bots[/li]
[li]
Charles Wooters, Ph.D - NextIT - Next IT Human Emulation Technology[/li]
[li]
Dr. Hugh Loebner - Crown Industries - A.I. and The Future of Society[/li]
[li]
John McIntire - Warfighter Interface Division, 711th Human Performance Wing, Air Force [/li]
[li]Research Laboratory -  Spotting a bot: Active and passive methods of chatbot detection[/li]
[li]
John Zakos - MyCyberTwin - The Role of Chat Bots in Social Media[/li]
[li]
Adeena Mignogna - Riot Software - AIML Content Management[/li]
[li]
Jeff Remy - VirtuOz - Improving Virtual Agent Performance through   [/li][/ul]                                       

There is one more day to get the early registration offer.  We are also offering a $25 discounted admission for students, youth, seniors and disabled.

Register here: http://chatbots31.eventbrite.com

[ # 8 ]

Will the presentations be online like last year? This would be great for interested people like me living in the UK who can’t really get over there but would love to.

[ # 9 ]

Hi Steve, yes we plan to make Youtube videos again this year.

It’s no substitute for being there in person though.  Being at the conference you can meet the speakers personally and ask them questions.

[ # 10 ]

I know. I would love to attend but it just isn’t practical for me at the moment.

[ # 11 ]

Adeena thought is was hilarious, (which is good)
but seriously… Has anyone (else) heard anything
about shooting this year as a TV episode?

[ # 12 ]

Well, it’s been 5 days, and (curiously enough) I’ve heard no word anywhere about how the conference went. Anywhere. There’s nothing on YouTube, no “geek news” reports on any of the major news sites or tech-related sites, nothing! Did the entire conference and everyone in attendance get sucked into a dimensional vortex? gulp

[ # 13 ]

Maybe that’s good news.

Could it be that we are all in for a big surprise this year?

[ # 14 ]

The conference went extremely well.  We will be blogging and posting links to talks shortly and uploading the videos when the editing is completed. 

This year the entire conference was also filmed by an independent filmmaker Miranda Yousef who is making a documentary about chatbots and the Loebner Prize.

See you at Chatbots 3.2 !

[ # 15 ]

A documentary by Miranda Yousef

about chatbots and the Loebner Prize ....

Awesome !

1 2 > 
1 of 2

login or register to react