AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

SRAIs help

Hello,
I am translating the AIML files, I think I have lots of mistakes there.
I am not sure what text need translation and what text should I leave in English.
Should I translate the SRAIs too ?

What is the ATOMIC.AIML file? I have translated it all…but now I see that anothe AIML files calls the ATOMIC.AIML file, and search for sentences that I translated, so, they will never find it…

I am all confused..please help.
Thank you.

[ # 1 ]

In my opinion, you should definitely translate the SRAI’s. Most are reductions, based on what a user would “say”, and since you’re translating the AIML into another language, failing to translate the SRAI’s will cause your bot to look for something that is no longer there. I think that the only exception should be special, custom patterns, such as XFIND/XEDUCATE/etc. Other than that, translate everything else.

[ # 2 ]

One of the pitfalls of translating AIML is making sure the <that> tags still work. It is important you translate everything accurately or your <that> patterns will never be found. For example:

<category>
<
pattern>DO YOU LIKE FISH</pattern>
<
template>
Yes I love fishWhat is your favorite fish?
</
template>
</
category>

<
category>
<
pattern>_</pattern>
<
that>WHAT FISH IS YOUR FAVORITE</that>
<
template>
Mmmm.. tasty!
</
template>
</
category

The second category will never be called as the <that> does not appear anywhere. ATOMIC.AIML is a collection of categories with no wildcards or <srai>s. These categories are only collected here for ease of use though. They can appear in any AIML file.

[ # 3 ]

Good point, Steve. I hadn’t thought of that. Personally, anyone who is willing to translate the tens of thousands of categories in an AIML set has earned my respect. I know just how much work it takes to modify even a small fraction of the categories, and nothing I did was as involved as a language translation. smile Best of luck to you Guy El.

[ # 4 ]

I must admit, I don’t envy you either Guy El but very good luck to you.

[ # 5 ]
Steve Worswick - Mar 19, 2011:

I must admit, I don’t envy you either Guy El but very good luck to you.

Thank you for your support smile

login or register to react