AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

How To Create Your Own Customised Chatbot For Beginners - Chatbots 101

[ # 16 ]
Dave Morton - Dec 13, 2011:

Even Pandorabots allows you to retain copyright on your work, though the ownership of the files that you upload to the PB servers, or create through the training interface become the property of Pandorabots, according to the Terms of Service.

While this may be true, I have never been put under any sort of presure whatsoever by Pandorabots to make my AIML public. A while ago, they were creating an AIML repository and asked if I would like to contribute. I uploaded a few of my AIML creations but obviously didn’t want all my update files on there. Dr Wallace and his staff were totally fine about this and didn’t come down heavy handed on me at all.

[ # 17 ]

I personally think that the bit in the ToS that states that the uploaded files become the property of PB was put in at the insistence of liars… Er… Lawyers, in order to prevent later litigation if someone put the wrong sort of stuff into their bot, and that the folks at Pandorabots have no real intention of misusing/abusing that clause. I really like the folks at Pandorabots, even if it doesn’t always seem that way. smile

[ # 18 ]

I asked Rich about this over on another thread:
http://www.chatbots.org/ai_zone/viewthread/698/P30/

Never did get a response. Although they have not pushed you to contribute your files Steve, if they wanted to they could use them regardless of your opinion or objections. If they had a better TOS I might put up some tests on the site. But, I would like to be the one to decide if they can use them or not, and if they have commercial value, I would like to share the rewards.

[ # 19 ]
Dave Morton - Dec 13, 2011:

I personally think that the bit in the ToS that states that the uploaded files become the property of PB was put in at the insistence of liars… Er… Lawyers, in order to prevent later litigation if someone put the wrong sort of stuff into their bot, and that the folks at Pandorabots have no real intention of misusing/abusing that clause. I really like the folks at Pandorabots, even if it doesn’t always seem that way. smile

I’ve just come onto this conversation -without morning coffee. even!- and though I know nothing of Pandora Bots yet, this looks like the same sort of statement that raises ire with anyobe who reads almost any of the fine-prine TOS lingo on every site from Google to MySpace to Facebook, who all have that little “whatever you do here we own it” sounding bit… and each enraged and inflamatory “Open Letter” I see never fails to give me a touch of paranoia… what if..? Would this big megacompany really hold me and everyone else to this, or rather /will they/?

In the end, I, or we, decided that no, as the creator of the works used, which as with the AI creations discussed here, could be potentially lucrative, the individual creator retains all rights to their art, music, poetry, essay, chatbot character, whatever, and the Big Company is, as you wrote, covering themselves from future pissible problems, retaining the right to delete or censor material, and claiming copyright on the “canvas” used by individuals…

Hold it, maybe I better go brew that coffee, this is getting complicated.

As my “Will Dockery AI” is so fond of quoting, sometimes annoyingly often and in the oddest times and places:

“If the coffee tasted as good as it smelled we’d never get any sleep.” -Groucho Marx

Anyone want to bat this old but very relevant discussion around a bit more this morning, or will I move on to the core of this thread…?

[ # 20 ]

Hi Dave, im new comer! And i want to become botmaster like you. Thanks for making this tutorial. It really useful for me.
Next time, i hope will get supports from you all. Thanks!

Ah, i already test your Morti bot. He attracted me in conversation smile

[ # 21 ]

Hello, Nhu Bao, and welcome! smile

One of the biggest reasons why we’re here is to help out those who share our interests and passions for chatbots. I’m glad that you found the article helpful, and if there’s anything else that I/we can help you with, please feel free to ask.

[ # 22 ]

I will suggest also Rebot.me service where people can create their own web based chat bot.

You can create your virtual copy which will chat with people like you. You can Improve your Rebot by adding answers to unanswered questions. You can add some questions to ask to people randomly when your Rebot can’t find anything to say.

[ # 23 ]
Ferid Mövsümov - Oct 10, 2014:

I will suggest also Rebot.me service where people can create their own web based chat bot.

You can create your virtual copy which will chat with people like you. You can Improve your Rebot by adding answers to unanswered questions. You can add some questions to ask to people randomly when your Rebot can’t find anything to say.

Sounds interesting… might try that one when time permits.

[ # 24 ]

checkout the column ‘Build your Own’ in the right-hand of the home page

[ # 25 ]

Dear Dave,

Your article is really helpful in clearing a lot of doubts and for guiding me to develop my ist chatbot.Day by day I am learning more about how to have more fun with them, thanks for your articleI have a few questions who’s clear answers I could not found accurately and would like to have your insight over them.

a) Is it possible to control or command instructions to to chatscript chatbot via voice.If yes then what are the softwares needed additionaly.

b) How to develop a simple front end avtar for a stand alone chatbot based on chatscript.

Sorry for asking such basic questions but I couldn’t find any direct or relevant answers for these.

This topic is closed, it's not possible to reply

< 1 2
2 of 2

login or register to react