AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Just For Fun

[ # 211 ]
Bruce Wilcox - Aug 29, 2011:

Nor do I know for sure what you mean by “what a human does in one pass”, in that when a human is processing a sentence (like a garden path sentence), when the human reaches the end and it doesn’t match the presumed parse, the human has to rethink the sentence to get the correct parse.

We as humans I think we most certainly do multiple passes of some description when reading, think of the following 2 names:

Adam
Aden

The ‘e’ in the second name changes the sound of the beginning A.  If we didnt multi-pass then by the time we got to the ‘e’ we wouldnt be able to modify the sound of the A at the beginning.

ALF does quite a bit of multi-pass on sentences, both pre-“reading” and while “reading”, pronouns as mentioned as one area where I think it would be VERY complicated to do in a single pass.

[ # 212 ]
Dan Hughes - Sep 11, 2011:

We as humans I think we most certainly do multiple passes of some description when reading, think of the following 2 names:

Adam
Aden

@Dan Hughes:

When enrolled in a speed-reading course, we begin at the center, and without moving our eyes side to side, or up and down, we instead try to use our peripheral vision without moving (as much as possible).  The more physical movement we eliminate, such as moving lips, eyes, fingers, etc… The faster we speed read.  U.S. President John F. Kennedy was a speed reader who read 2,500 words per minute.

[ # 213 ]

Ok, this makes sense.

So would this be, by your definition, multipassing, or a separate process that communicates with the process that is “reading”?

[ # 214 ]

@Dan Hughes:

I’m afraid I don’t have a definition, just a hypothesis. My theory of a speed reading chatter robot, holds that multi-passing may equal multi-movements, which the more multi-passing is eliminated, the more chatter robots may better simulate humans.

However, multi-passing is a good, solid technique that is practical and magical, I think too!
So, I am not criticizing it, rather I am just studying some of the alternatives, JUST FOR FUN.

[ # 215 ]

Here is my PHP Ming video response
sent to Rollo Carpenter:

http://www.8pla.net/video_response/

Transcript:

I believe a supreme being with power over all life, whether synthetic or natural, has invoked divine favor upon your influential work that allows two clever robots to have a simulated human conversation.

In response to Rollo’s YouTube video…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAun0e8MuoE

[ # 216 ]

Just a quick note: 

I was changing webhosts, and it seemed my former webhost unexpectedly
turned off my old account a few days early.  So most of my sites 8pla.net,
79b.org and bots are currently down. They will be back, but it takes time to
get setup on the new webhost.

[ # 217 ]

What are your thoughts on the Program E stutter bug?

My theory, and it is just a theory, is that it may have to do with not overwriting existing AIML when new AIML is added to the chatter robot brain. 

In other words, if a chatter robot is created with a few AIML files, and then without wiping the chatter robot brain, more AIML files are added to try to make it smarter… This may lead to the stutter bug, if the records are not unique.

If this theory is correct, then a new Program E chatter robot built with a relational set of AIML files, would eliminate the stutter bug.  What do you think?  Is the Program E stutter bug caused by making the chatter robot brain non-relational?

[ # 218 ]

┏━━━┳━━━┳┓╋╋┏━━━┓╋╋┏━┓╋┏┳━━━┳━━━━┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃╋╋┃┏━┓┃╋╋┃┃┗┓┃┃┏━━┫┏┓┏┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┗━┛┃┃╋╋┃┃╋┃┃╋╋┃┏┓┗┛┃┗━━╋┛┃┃┗┛
┃┏━┓┃┏━━┫┃╋┏┫┗━┛┃╋╋┃┃┗┓┃┃┏━━┛╋┃┃
┃┗━┛┃┃╋╋┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┏┓┃┃╋┃┃┃┗━━┓╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛┗┛┗┛╋┗━┻━━━┛╋┗┛
┏━━━┳━━━┳━━━┳━━━┳━┓╋┏┳━━━┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━━┫┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┓┃┣┓┏┓┃
┃┗━━┫┗━━┫┃╋┗┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┗┛┃┃┃┃┃
┗━━┓┃┏━━┫┃╋┏┫┃╋┃┃┃┗┓┃┃┃┃┃┃
┃┗━┛┃┗━━┫┗━┛┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃┣┛┗┛┃
┗━━━┻━━━┻━━━┻━━━┻┛╋┗━┻━━━┛
┏━━━┳━┓╋┏┳━┓╋┏┳━━┳┓╋╋┏┳━━━┳━━━┳━━━┳━━━┳━━━┳┓╋╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┃┗┓┃┃┃┗┓┃┣┫┣┫┗┓┏┛┃┏━━┫┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┗┓┏┛┃
┃┃╋┃┃┏┓┗┛┃┏┓┗┛┃┃┃┗┓┃┃┏┫┗━━┫┗━┛┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┗━┛┣┓┗┛┏┛
┃┗━┛┃┃┗┓┃┃┃┗┓┃┃┃┃╋┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┫┏┓┏┻━━┓┃┗━┛┃┏┓┏┛┗┓┏┛
┃┏━┓┃┃╋┃┃┃┃╋┃┃┣┫┣┓┗┓┏┛┃┗━━┫┃┃┗┫┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┗┓╋┃┃
┗┛╋┗┻┛╋┗━┻┛╋┗━┻━━┛╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛┗━┻━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗━┛╋┗┛
╋┏┓╋┏┓╋╋╋╋╋┏━━━┓╋╋╋╋┏━━━┳━━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┏┛┃┏┛┃╋╋╋╋╋┃┏━┓┃╋╋╋╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┣┛┃┏┛┃
┗┓┃┗┓┃╋╋╋╋╋┗┛┏┛┃╋╋╋╋┗┛┏┛┃┃┃┃┣┓┃┗┓┃
╋┃┃╋┃┃╋┏━━┓┏┓┗┓┃┏━━┓┏━┛┏┫┃┃┃┃┃┃╋┃┃
┏┛┗┳┛┗┓┗━━┛┃┗━┛┃┗━━┛┃┃┗━┫┗━┛┣┛┗┳┛┗┓
┗━━┻━━┛╋╋╋╋┗━━━┛╋╋╋╋┗━━━┻━━━┻━━┻━━┛

[ # 219 ]

Help the iSyFy robot write a book:

Ever wonder if there are more creative ways to interface chatter robots more naturally for people?  How about taking a publicly available chat bot module with the credit line retained in the source code and modifying it into an interactive author on an interface that is easy to read?

It works like this:  At http://iSyFy.com the robot starts writing the story, “Once upon a time…”, then you write something and press ENTER and the robot will write the story for it.  Then let the robot write the story for itself in its reply to you.  Continue taking turns this way as long as you wish. When the writing stops, after a short pause, the robot writes the conclusion.

[ # 220 ]

UPDATE: The story writing ability of the robot iSyFy has been improved to better handle questions.

Reference: http://iSyFy.com

[ # 221 ]

About a hundred and forty eight people viewed Just For Fun since yesterday — now Just For Fun is at about eight thousand one hundred and twenty views.  Lets see how many views tomorrow will bring.  In the meantime, don’t be shy, leave a comment on, Just For Fun, the most popular thread at Chatbots.org.

[ # 222 ]

Skynet-AI also has the capability to write you a story in real-time.
Just say, “Tell me a Story.”

[ # 223 ]

I have looked ay Skynet-AI and find this bot very interesting indeed, especially the use of JS in the processing.

[ # 224 ]

Thanks,
Skynet-AI has a thread on the forum:
http://www.chatbots.org/ai_zone/viewthread/316/

You might also find the JAIL (JavaScript Artificial Intelligence Language) thread interesting.
http://www.chatbots.org/ai_zone/viewthread/317/

[ # 225 ]

8pla.net Second Anniversary Celebration!

It is time to celebrate another milestone at Chatbots.org,
and the tireless efforts of Erwin, Dave and everyone else
at Chatbots.org, and the big plans we all have for the future.

It has been a wonderful two years. We moved out of an email list,
and into a forum that we so love. Robitron is still great, but now in
addition to an email list, we have a beautiful forum with a great group
of members, and awesome moderators. I just look at how happy fellow
members are here enjoying the discussion on the forum.

It is amazing how Chatbots.org has grown in the past two years.
I sincerely hope you continue enjoying my Just For Fun thread.
A VERY BIG thanks for your precious support, I really appreciate it.

‹ First  < 13 14 15 16 17 >  Last ›
15 of 18

login or register to react