AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

cloudflare

Just posted this on AIdreams as well. Perhaps some folks over here will also like this or just came across it. Cloudflare is a service to speed up the performance of your website while making it a little harder for the spammers. It’s free and easy to set up.

[ # 1 ]

I’ll have a look, Jan, and see what it’s all about. No promises on whether I’d actually use it, though. My site gets too little traffic, most likely. smile

[ # 2 ]

After watching their “movie”, I poked around the comparison page for the services they provide, and I ran across this:

Alert infected human visitors:
To stop the rise of threats online we have to tell people when their computers are infected. By joining CloudFlare, you help to educate infected human visitors that they need to take action.

Depending on how exactly this is done, it could cause some folks (who would already be infected with some sort of nasty) to jump to the (incorrect) conclusion that your site is infected, and at least some of those people will undoubtedly assume (also incorrectly) that your site is what infected them. This could, in extreme circumstances, lead to your site being unfairly “black-listed”, or even shut down. Now granted, the likelihood is low, but it still exists.

[ # 3 ]

You acknowledge CloudFlare may:
.  Add tracking codes or affiliate codes to links that do not previously have tracking or affiliate codes.

Add script to your pages to, for example, add services or perform additional performance tracking.

No thank you.

[ # 4 ]

That sounds even dodgier, Steve. Yup. I’m in agreement. No thanks.

login or register to react
‹‹ human mind map      Forum Bots ››