AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Flash RIP

I have never been a big fan of Flash other than using it for some small multimedia applications. The real problem started when Adobe bought it from Macromedia and marketed it has a complete web development platform as to go head to head with Java. I have hated Flash sites with a passion as many developers over used it capabilities and banked on its longevity.

Jobs was dead on when he refused to support Flash in IOS. Why would anyone wish to support such a memory hog on a mobile device especially with the soon to be supported HTML 5 standards?

So now Adobe annocouced yesterday their abandonment of the Flash mobile platform and no further update on the current version of the Flash web based version as well.

I had posted in another thread last week, “HTML 5 is the new Flash”, I think I need to reword that statement. Instead I would like to say, What 3.1 was to Windows is what HTML5 now brings to the web. wink

login or register to react