AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Brief introduction

Hello everyone.

First, I just wanted to say that I am very impressed with the level of forum user on this site. Just by browsing the different threads I’ve learned an immense amount of knowledge in a very short amount of time. The innovation that is routinely discussed is nothing short of fascinating.

As for myself, as my profile states I am a sr. programmer that is working towards a Master’s Degree. My thesis work is centered, currently, on a feasibility study aimed at evaluating an agile, test-driven design-approach to creating a modular C# customer service chatbot. My focus has been on gathering different existing theoretical and practical resources, researching trends in chatbot architecture, and understanding/finding metrics that can be utilized for this type of application. I will get into particulars in the thread I intend to create for discussing the project.

By joining I hope to be able to contribute to the growing knowledge base that this community represents and take part in the interesting discussions going on.

I look forward to learning more and contributing when I can.

[ # 1 ]

Welcome to the forums! Yes, there is a very diverse and intelligent group of members here. Most of us are actively working on our own projects and willing to share ideas and knowledge.

I look forward to hearing about your project as it develops. 

[ # 2 ]

Hi Jesus, hope you have lots of fun!

[ # 3 ]

Hi Jesus, welcome! smile

You mentioned you’re taking a “modular” approach to building a chatbot. What aspect of development interests you most, functionality from integration with your OS and various API’s, or more the “chat” side, including NLP and knowledge base generation.

[ # 4 ]

Thanks for the welcome all, I appreciate the words.

Laura, good luck with Marie’s impending launch and subsequent entry into the CBC. I look forward to hearing about your experiences in the challenge and fully appreciate the way you’ve been able to integrate various API’s into Marie’s engine/framework.

Jan, I’ve learned a lot from your various posts and appreciate your work with resonating neural networks and chatbots. I hope, given my project priorities and goals, that I’ll be able to eventually exploit them as well and will probably have a lot of questions for you in the future.

C.R., I am definitely interested in all aspects of chatbot technology and have worked with several different API’s (SharpNLP, NLTK, AForge.NET, Encog, etc.). If I were to describe what I’m developing for my thesis it would be a study against a set of methods and metrics(agile, t.d.d., r.t.f, etc.) utilized while building a chatbot application with an eye on a simple customer service prototype initially. With the various threads on here discussing architecture and the numerous contributions from Andrew and Marcus on such, I’ve come to the conclusion that approaching this from a modular architectural point of view would be best, since there are already a lot of great disparate resources out there begging to be reused.

[ # 5 ]

Dont know if you are still around here Jesus but nice to meet you me and you seem to have a simlier back ground,if your still around I would like to talk to you about some chat bot related subjects, mainly about c++ if your familier with it. Hope you stick around sounds like you could help this community out alot with your knowledge.

[ # 6 ]

Hey Jesus, Welcome to Chatbots.org!

We all look forward to collaborate with each other, and making everything we touch, a success! (I hope everyone here agrees with me?)

All the Best!

Abhishek

[ # 7 ]
Ethan Whitt - Mar 27, 2012:

Dont know if you are still around here Jesus but nice to meet you me and you seem to have a simlier back ground,if your still around I would like to talk to you about some chat bot related subjects, mainly about c++ if your familier with it. Hope you stick around sounds like you could help this community out alot with your knowledge.

Thanks Ethan. I’m still around and have been meaning to create a project thread, just bogged down with thesis work and actual 9-5 work. I’ve been shifting a bit towards the Q/A aspect of bots and comparing a RDBMS and NoSQL approach to the knowledgebase aspect.

Feel free to email me any questions you think I can possibly help with, I’m familiar with C++ and may be able to help.

[ # 8 ]

Thanks alot have been trying to get help from other places but no replies to my threads, sent ya a email feel free when ever you can to get back to me thanks.

login or register to react
‹‹ Question About Chatbot Project      hi there ››