I have used AIML program-D for many years and recently discovered ChatScript. While I am still learning ChatScript, it strikes me as light years beyond AIML’s way of building bots. Congradulations Bruce and many many thanks for developing such an amazing software. With the popularity of iPhone’s Siri, I think there is a renewed interest in chatbot technologies and ChatScript is at the leading edge of this technology.
I am particularly interested in ChatScript’s reasoning ability and it’s ability to do almost rule-engine like forward and backward chaining. That said, I have a few pressing issue in mind:
1. Fact persistence. It seems that variables and facts do not persist over :build and :restart. I would like to gather user’s data and states and store them permanently. Is there anyway to do this?
2. Multiple bots. How do I setup multiple bots? Are there limits to the number of bots I can have? For example, I would like to setup a bot that focuses on a particular major topic/problem domain. As there may be potentially hundreds of major topics, I would need to setup many many bots.
3. I would like to setup informations about a bot as facts such as age, location, favorite colors. Where would I put these facts?
4. There are some build problems with ChatScript on the linux platform.
5. When I try the auto-generate feature “:generate”, it causes segmentation fault on my mac every time.
Thanks in advance